Can't sleep in silence

My fam is used to having music playing during sleep time. .does the tv happen to have a music or night light channel? I know we aren’t the only ones afflicted with this malady. …

I don’t think so. I can’t sleep in total silence either, I have to have some white noise usually from a fan. You could probably get an app on your phone that you could let run for a certain amount of time playing music before shutting off.

I’m the opposite - I need total silence in order to sleep. White noise is the worst - drives me crazy.

In Disney World, after the first day of touring the parks and for the duration of my vacation I’m pretty sure I could sleep with a marching band performing in front of my bed.

However, I’m pretty sure there are small white noise generating machines the folks will use when traveling (if you didn’t want to use your phone). I also think I’ve heard @len talk about this on WDW Today or Disney Dish (or both) and mention that some hotels (like Caribbean Beach) have louder cooling systems, which provide enough white noise to satisfy this requirement.

2 Likes

We fall asleep to the soothing sounds of Stacy and her top 7.

1 Like

I find I turn on Sports Center and have that loop play all night long.

Sports would definitely put me to sleep.

1 Like

I have Disney Lullaby music on all of our phones and elecrtronics. It has been a sleep inducer since DS was born 14 years ago and we had it playing 24 hours a day because the little guy didn’t sleep well or through the night until he was almost 4. Sp we just play that music if we need it. DS needs the TV on with volume off to sleep. I dislike having a fan blowing on me. Sleep is complicated.

2 Likes

I use an app called White Noise Lite on my phone. I’m not sure if it plays music or not but it has several noise options. It will run all night but I keep my phone plugged so to not drain the battery.

I don’t know if the light from the TV would bother you, but if you put on the resort schedule or the “Walt Disney World Today” (not affiliated with the podcast) channel, there’s soft music that plays in the background as it scrolls through the list of offerings and schedules at the resort.

1 Like

I’m the same way. I usually need the TV on when I go to sleep, but after touring the parks I was out like a light the moment my head hit the pillow.

1 Like

In the All Stars Music the alarm clock had an mp3 jack, so bring an mp3 cord and set up your phone or ipod/mp3 with music to play

1 Like

oh that is perfect as that’s almost exactly what we have at home! Good to know :smile:

oh good…I’m not the only one that needs tv lol…the rest of my family is used to music, but I am used to TV…