Can't Optimize Plan

ETA: (and keeping this up because I can’t be the only person to make this stupid mistake) - I was clicking the heart on the left of each ride/meal instead of the add button in the right column. My laptop was zoomed in for larger print…and I didn’t see the right column #smh hahaha…

I am certain this is user error, but this is the first time I’ve used this version of touring plans (our last trip was 2015) and I after I have entered all of my info for the day (selected park, time we will be there, all the rides we want, restaurant and break) it says that I need at least two steps to optimize or evaluate, but I have no idea what that means…

Can someone help me figure out what “needs at least two steps” means? I’ve searched the website but cannot find any clear info.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m assuming you have more than 2 steps in the plan?
Have you tried just deleting it and starting over? That’s what I would do.

1 Like

I did restart and start over. So I think I might have figured it out…so my question changes a bit…

To start a plan, it has me choose park, date, time, rides, food and breaks. Then it brings me to the optimizer page which then has me re-select the rides, food and breaks (these are the steps that I needed to add)…why do I need to choose the rides, etc in the setup of the plan if I need to re-choose them in the optimizer, seems like a waste of time to do both?

1 Like

Not sure if you are in app or on web site, but in app at least once you select items, be sure to scroll to bottom of page and see if there is a Save button hiding somewhere down there you need to hit before moving to next step.

I’m an old hand at Lines, but this summer when modifying things I kept missing a Save and then wondering where my changes went.

1 Like

hmmm, I’m on the website and it wouldn’t let me continue without choosing stuff, so it would be weird (but not out of the realm of possibility) that it didn’t save. I wonder if there is a video walk-through. I was also great with using Lines, so this is all new (and fancy, hahaha). So much has changed in 9 years!

1 Like

Hmm. I hadn’t created a plan with the new interface yet myself so just tried one - went through all the steps and optimized fine.

Maybe to see if it is some sort of browser cookie issue: try in another browser - or in incognito mode and see if you still have issues?

Also, maybe share the plan and post link here, maybe something will pop out to one of us?

Otherwise, just might need a support ticket with TP to see if something is off on your account.

https://help.touringplans.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

Thanks, will try this!

1 Like

Figured out my mistake :crazy_face: choosing heart in left column does not add to your plan…you must choose the add button in right column (that may not be visible if your browser font level is increased beyond normal…) :joy:

2 Likes

Ha! I almost clicked the hearts too then realized - I should have mentioned that! :smiley:
Glad it was an easy fix.

BTW, Next Tuesday is a 2 at MK, I think I have to fly down and use the test plan I created now. :mouse: :flight_arrival:

2 Likes

I have not run into this and I have done my plans in mobile and desktop just recently. When it brings you to the optimizer page, do you see your list of things selected or is it blank?

:grimacing: I was just thinking this! Glad you figured it out.

1 Like

Yep! I did that when making plans in December and was getting so frustrated. Then I realized I was only making things favorites and not adding them to the plan.

1 Like