Can't find virtual line info on app or website anywhere?

Hi,
Going to Universal Studios Tues and IOA Wed (with Early Park and Express passes). I can’t find info for how to do a virtual line at Hagrids. Can’t find info on it on the website. Where is this mysterious virtual line sign up and when does it open daily? Do I get up at 6 am on Wed to get a virtual line spot for going in the park Wed? Thanks so much!!!

Hagrid’s virtual line is not currently operating.

1 Like

I believe Hagrid is open for early entry starting on Wednesday :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes, it hasn’t been used/tested since late summer 2021. But here is the link for future reference:

https://vltest.universalorlando.com/#

1 Like

Thank you! So if I go to that link on Wednesday morning and it doesn’t look to be working then I just assume it is a traditional line to stand in (and express passes do not work on Hagrids, right?).
What time should I be checking on Wednesday? Do I stay up until midnight Tuesday night? Thank you!

Thank you! So that means there is no option other than standing in the traditional line. It is added to Early Park entry the day we are going so maybe I will make a beeline for Hagrids. Park has early opening at 8 am (regular 9 am). What time do I get there? 7:45? Thank you!

1 Like

I will say there is no chance the VL will be operating on Wednesday.

Yes, standby queue only for Hagrid’s. I think the earliest guests will arrive between 7:15 and 7:30. I would say arrive by 7:45 at the latest.

3 Likes

The earlier the better :+1:t2:
Heading to Hagrids first thing during EE sounds like a good plan and I wouldn’t expect you to have much of a wait if you’re at the tapstyles nice and early.
Good luck!

2 Likes

All virtual line info is in the UOR app.

1 Like

I was just there two weeks ago. They no longer use the virtual system for Hagrid’s. I really don’t think they’ll need to bring it back as the ride is very reliable now.

I stayed on-site during my trip and was, literally, the first person at the gates almost every day. To do this you need to be on the first buses that leave the hotels a few minutes before / right at 7am.

Hagrid’s will be very popular as ppl were getting in that line even when the ride didn’t open during Early Park Admission. So… get there ASAP and get on if you want to have a short wait. It’ll jump up quickly with probably about 80% or more of guests heading to that specific ride during EPA. GL!!

3 Likes

I’m assuming you mean only when a certain attraction is using VL?

8am opening?

What time did you line up at the taps?

1 Like

Early Park Entry opening. I was on-site

I was typically there no later than 7:15am. Travelling solo, only with a small bag and ready to go! So I could get through screening in seconds as I was typically first there as well. (They have a dozen or more metal detectors though)

2 Likes

Ideal, thanks :+1:t2:

1 Like

Any strategy if you dont have EE?

Check the recent documented wait times. This is from yesterday. Look at the black dots, those are the posted wait times. After the early rush, waits stabilize and fluctuate.

https://touringplans.com/islands-of-adventure/attractions/hagrids-magical-creatures-motorbike-adventure/wait-times/date/2022-02-27

1 Like

Thank you :zap::confetti_ball: how do find this info … its amazing!!

1 Like