Candlelight Processional Questions

Does anyone remember when the Dining packages for the Candlelight processional were released last year? it has been about 10 years since I last did the package.
Was there any discount for DVC members?
Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Last fall they were released on Oct. 6, 2022. I don’t know if there were DVC discounts, I didn’t find anything right away.

1 Like

Perfect- Thank you I will be sure to start watching by the end of Sept.

1 Like

It’ll be my first time and I’m on the lookout too! I don’t really want to eat at any of those restaurants as I have new ones I want to try but I also don’t want to risk not seeing this.

I think this article has lots of good advice, whether you want to pay for a CP dining package or just see or hear the show. This is full of last year’s info, but is set up to be ready for 2023 info.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m especially worried cuz I’m going Dec 26-30 and all days are 10s.

1 Like

I saw it twice in 2019 and just stood in the back behind the seats. Grabbed a snack and a drink before the show.

1 Like

Have you ever seen a video of CP, to know what to expect? There is a wide range of opinions on whether this is something to spend time/money/effort on. I’m an outlier. I saw some of it in 2019, when one of my favorite singers was the narrator. We did not have the luxury of lots of time or money for this. We stood in the back, behind most of the people, as we were passing by. I could hear, and took a few photos, but didn’t stay for all of it.

But for those who really want to do a CP dining package, good luck with all the narrators, dates and ADRs!

1 Like

I have watched clips of it on Youtube. It’s one of the few WDW things I have never done so it’s high up on the bucket list but so are some of Epcot restaurants I’ve never been to none of which are the ones they offer these packages for. I wish you could pick the restaurant and just buy tickets for this.

I have never eaten at the American place so I was considering doing that quick service option. I’ll see if the doc mentions if you run there first thing are you able to get seats the week of Christmas to NYE.

2 Likes

We are in a similar situation but haven’t found info on how to get a decent seat in standby. I really don’t want to wait too long for it though…

The American BBQ restaurant had a day of guaranteed seats with lunch so I’m thinking maybe if we get there at 11am?

1 Like

That’s a good plan!

1 Like

We saw it with a dining reservation at Garden Grill for lunch. I probably wouldn’t do a dining reservation again. I loved the show, but on the day we went there were so many open spots. We could have easily walked in last minute and been fine. I know this will be dependent on date/presenter, but for our one experience, it wasn’t worth the extra money for dining.

1 Like

Is the seating for the dining packages significantly better vs waiting in line?

We really want to go this year to see John Stamos, Neil Patrick Harris, and Brandon Fraiser. All three dates are sold out on dining packages.

How early do I have to get there to get a good seat?
Lastly what’s the etiquette, on me holding a spot for 3 others?

Depending on popularity of the narrator, you may have to wait in line through one show in order to try to get a seat for the next show. Seating is limited without the dining package. You wouldn’t really be able to save seats.

I’ve watched from behind the seating by standing in the American pavilion area.

1 Like

Thank you!

Maybe try and run for opening at BBQ place and get a day of package?