Cancelling Universal Trip

It was just recently posted by Universal that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey would be closed for refurbishment from December 1 - 18. We planned our vacation months ago for December 16-17. Needless to say, this a great disappointment as our family are huge Potter fans. Therefore to make a small statement to Universal (I presume they really wont care considering the boatloads of money they pull in ),we will now tack on the two days we would be spending our hard earned dough at Universal to now making our 4 day Disney trip a 6 day excursion. Long live Disney and maybe,just maybe, Universal will cater to their guests just a tiny bit better in the future.

2 Likes

I don’t really follow Uni very closely, so I don’t know when they announced the refurb, but this same thing happens all the time at WDW. I don’t think I’ve ever been when at least one major ride wasn’t closed for refurb…

We have faced the same disappointment at WDW many times. It is what it is and you just kind of have to suck it up. Personally - as much as I liked Gringots - it wasn’t the singular reason for us going to Universal. These things happen and you HOPE they post closures well in advance. But it happens - need to be a river and bend. When we were at WDW last time - all sorts of things closed last minute (I track) and we were a bit pissed - but what can you do

It’s a shame you are going to cancel, there is still so much to see at Harry Potter even with forbidden journey not open. It is one of the best theming of a a park I have ever seen, including WDW. Your HP fans will still love it, I promise :wink:

2 Likes

Ironically, Forbidden Journey was my daughters LEAST favorite ride of the Harry Potter rides. If it had been closed for refurb while we were there she would have been overjoyed that I couldn’t drag her on it! It’s all perspective!

2 Likes