Cancelled for December

If this is important to you, I would try and verify this because I do not think it is happening.

Iā€™m sorry! Your reasons make sense but itā€™s hard to give up on a dream.

1 Like

Actually it doesnā€™t matter to me at all. I had read it somewhere but I canā€™t remember where off the top of my head.

Yet another reason to love Disney, taking those extra steps to keep us safe.

Interesting twist.

So, when I called and asked about applying the AP discount to our one night at the Contemporary, they said it wasnā€™t allowed for our room for that night for whatever reason. The CM even put me on hold to ask a supervisor about this (I didnā€™t ask him toā€¦he just decided to). Anyhow, no go. The room couldnā€™t be discounted.

This led to us cancelling and rebooking at BWV.

But today, I go into the WDW website and look to see. Lo and behold, the EXACT room on the EXACT night that I had previously booked is now available with the AP discounted price! Which means I could, technically, rebook the same reservation for $315 less than I had it booked a few days ago. Yet, they wouldnā€™t let me do it before?

Anyhow, after a pow-wow with my wife, we decided to leave well enough alone and just keep things at BWV now. Contemporary will just continue to have to wait until we can do it right (meaning, full Monorail access including to Epcot, fireworks from the balcony, the whole shebang).

Iā€™m still hopeful that the waitlist will come through on the BWV room via the DVC. Thatā€™ll be another $140 savings if it does. Not sure what the likelihood of that happening is.

2 Likes

The Contemporary should absolutely be enjoyed in all her glory. No pesky masks/social distancing/non access to Poly nonsense.

You will be glad you waited, imo. Plus, itā€™s just something extra, extra to look forward to.

2 Likes

I wonder if they are still spacing out guests. I heard they are at 80% capacity at the resorts this weekend.All park reservation systems full.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good sign. If people are coming back, more things can open up.

My wife just reported the Kringlaā€™s opening back up! This was one of the more disappointing losses for our trip. She really wanted to try the school bread. Now it appears she can!

5 Likes

Whatā€™s Kringles.? Iā€™ve not heard of this place

Kringlaā€™s Bakery is in Norway. (In Epcot.)

1 Like

Lol I knew where to find Norway. I didnā€™t know the name of their bakery. We picked up some family favorites last time we were there. Old family favorites. The name sounded Scandinavian. I have my grandmothers Kringle recipe

2 Likes

Just wanted to make sure it was clear I was NOT talking about the one in Europe!

1 Like

Thoughtful of you. But we are in the context of a Disney forum. Lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh. I just meant it in jest.

2 Likes

school bread was amazing.

1 Like

Correction. KRINGLAā€™S itself isnā€™t openingā€¦but a stand near Kringlaā€™s is selling school bread.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to find some to try it then.

Im not AP, but this happened to me with my stay for Pop, southern states discount. Maybe their systems were wonky the first couple days.

1 Like