Cancellation Policy updates

Since the closure DVC have been waiving holding and returning borrowed points to their original use year when cancelling stays.

As of May 1st, the previous policies will be reinstated.

This is from the website, but buried, I had to search to find it.

Temporary Updates to Our Cancellation Policy

Some of the temporary adjustments made last year to certain Disney Vacation Club policies will end April 30. Previous policies will be reinstated on May 1. Please visit the Member website for details about policies related to reservation cancelations, the borrowing and holding of Points, exchange fees and more.

As a reminder, Members who want to borrow Points to complete a reservation will temporarily only be able to borrow up to 50 percent of their future Use Year Points per contract. Doing this will help manage inventory and accommodate more Members who want to schedule their vacations. Learn more about these policy changes.

I read this last paragraph to mean the 50% borrowing rule is staying in place.

Link to the page, scroll to the bottom.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/travel-information/

1 Like

So this kind of sucks, right?

Because they are protecting themselves (and, okay, the membership) by keeping in place those restrictions that benefit them.

But in terms of cancellation policies that would help a member impacted by pandemic related concerns, they are turning that protection off.

So is the pandemic over or isn’t it?

Sorry, I’m a little salty about this.

2 Likes

Me too.

I booked for over Christmas but after having a family discussion I only booked what I could without borrowing.

Plus it means anyone booking GCV and has to borrow pounts may not get them back if the resort doesn’t open.

2 Likes

It sure does, doesn’t it. I didn’t even think about those people. (It’s all about me, after all)

I actually bought transfer points to help with my VGC stay for this reason - flexibility! But I have to bank by end of April.

Did anyone else get 4 copies of the GCV opening email? I deleted them all before I realized that this info was buried in the bottom.

I have to say that I was greatly helped with my borrowed points being able to be returned to their original use-year last fall. But I still think they are gearing up for a pretty painful end of 2021 through all of 2022 as far as excess points go. I still think they should waive holding for longer.

1 Like

You must be special cuz I only got one email. :rofl: