Can you still add a day to tix?

We have a 4-day ticket that we bought through UndercoverTourist. I know pre-Covid we were allowed to add another day once we were in the parks at Guest Services for the cheaper 5th day cost. Does anyone know if this is still allowed with current changes? I definitely don’t want to have to buy a day at full cost. Thanks!

It should still be allowed.

Note: There have been reports of the way Disney has been charging for the extra day to be handled incorrectly.

It SHOULD be that you pay the difference between a 4-day and a 5-day (in this example) ticket. However, some people have been reportedly being asked to pay the PER DAY price of the ticket, which essentially is the average price of the ticket. This means you end up paying significantly more.

So, using Disney’s website, a 4-day ticket may be $103/day. A 5 day works out to $88/day. This means a 4-day costs $412. A 5-day costs $440. But rather than charging you $28 to upgrade the ticket, they will charge you the $88 price.

If that happens, I’d point this out.

2 Likes

Of course, it could be this is the way they now charge for adding a day to an existing ticket. :woman_shrugging: Just because it wasn’t how they did it before doesn’t mean it can’t and won’t change.

I wonder if they aren’t trying to get every last cent out of people? I noticed that Jan2021 ticket prices are significantly more expensive than Jan 2020.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t the new way! We figured if we can add the 5th day for the cheaper amount we’ll do it, otherwise we’ll just have another resort day. Guess I could call and ask, but I’m thinking different CM might give different answers.

1 Like

@Minnietourist did you end up calling or trying to add a day to your ticket?

No, we pushed back our dates to the first week of October, I’ll update if we try to extend while at the parks!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I’d love an update too if you try and add a day. I would like to add on a 5th day to our trip in December and just assumed they would still do it as long as the parks were not at capacity. But same as you, if they want full price, then we’ll just figure out something else to do. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve always been able to add a day on the My Disney Experience in the past and pay right there. Can you not do that anymore?

Can’t do it with my tickets purchased through a third party

1 Like

I bought mine through Boardwalk last time and once I entered the number online I realized I had accidentally purchased my dad’s ticket for the wrong days and I was able to update it online and pay the $20 difference prior to departure. Then I added a day later to someone’s ticket. We had a party of like 14 across four sets of family arriving and leaving at different times so it was a mess and we made changes a few times to coordinate. None of our tickets came direct through WDW. But I suppose it could be different with Covid and the types of tickets they have now as well. Last January you could buy third party tickets, enter the number in My Disney Experience and make immediate changes through Disney.

Thanks for the info - I looked into this on MDE and it looks like I can change one of the tickets online but not the other. See below for what it looks like in MDE. The ticket that does not have the “change ticket” option was purchased through a third-party vendor and I purchased it before COVID closure (I was supposed to use it in April). The ticket I can change was purchased through Disney and more recently.

1 Like