Can you bring dark saber on plane?

My son got a dark saber from Star wars land. The box or plastic blade doesn’t fit in any of the luggage. Does anyone know if you can check it in or carry on the plane? We’re flying Southwest from Orlando to Houston tomorrow

1 Like

Yes to checking it and to carry-on. Per TSA’s website:

" Light Saber

• Carry On Bags: Yes
  • Checked Bags: Yes

Sadly, the technology doesn’t currently exist to create a real lightsaber. However, you can pack a toy lightsaber in your carry-on or checked bag. May the force be with you."

5 Likes

I see your question has been answered.

May I also suggest you keep a close eye on that child? They seem to be lured by the dark side.

8 Likes

Lol. Although, keep in mind, the dark saber was created by a good guy and has been in possession by good guys like Mando.

3 Likes

Absolutely true.

Still, one can never be too careful.

May the Force be with you.

2 Likes

When you build a light saber at Savi’s do you get any kind of carrying case? I’m thinking of surprising my DH but I’m concerned about how to get it home on an airplane. Does it end up being counted as your personal item? I haven’t flown since 2016 and flying seems to have gotten very complicated in regards to what you are allowed to bring on with you. Thanks.

1 Like

Recently the carrying case stopped coming with the lightsaber and was an extra charge, and there have been reports of there being no stock of the case even if you want to purchase.

I would think it would count as your personal item.

1 Like

No extra charge (though the price of the saber is more than it was a year ago) and plenty of stock in April

2 Likes

Does the light saber come apart? How long is it if it does. Would it need to be in an overhead bin? Also, is the light part glass or some sort of plastic. Thanks.

It does but you wouldn’t take it apart for this purpose.

The light part is some kind of heavy but fragile-feeling plastic.

It would absolutely need to go in the overhead bin.

Honestly it scared the heck out of me to think of it so we shipped them home. But come September we will bring them with us back down and then home so I guess I’ll have to get over that.

3 Likes

Thanks! Then I’ll see how it goes for you in September. We don’t go to DL until late Oct and WDW Jan. How protective are the cases?

I remember how iffy the overhead bin can be depending on who puts what there. I’m also not sure I want to give up my personal item but on the way home might be ok. Lol I’m sure I’m overthinking this but I can’t help myself.

People bring them on planes all the time without issue. It’s an irrational concern I have

2 Likes

We took ours home on SW last summer without any issues. There were a lot of them on the plane.

1 Like

Did they count as your personal item?

I think we counted it as the carry on, and it went in the overhead compartment. The kids still had their personal item. If I remember correctly, my husband didn’t get the compartment closed the whole way, and the saber fell out and hit the flight attendant on the head!

3 Likes

We put the dark saber in the overhead compartment sideways…no problem.

4 Likes