Can We Talk About Airport Transportation Options?

For our family of 5, Mears Connect is still cheaper by $30 since we would have to have a van rather than town car.

It’s slightly cheaper, $32/pp round trip. When I booked for 3 of us, the total came to $96

Edit:whoop, I was too slow and didn’t read far enough. Lol

fine. fine. I’ve swallowed the price increase and made my reservation with Quicksilver.

2 Likes

Only 2 of us for end of March trip, so will likely do Mears Connect. My flight is an hour before my friends, so we can put in her flight info so we don’t get to the airport super early.

Purely for the predictability and less stress, we’ll be using Mears Connect. We used Mears before DME, I’m fine using it again. Rental cars annoy me, plus on a family trip we’d need a cargo van, which is crazy expensive. If I had to get a rental I would, but I’m thinking inventory is going to be hard to come by once 2022 rolls around. Increasing the cost and stress factor. Uber and Lyft surge pricing and stress of getting a car is not worth it to me. And also would only work on a couple trip, not the whole family.

1 Like

Although would a private car service for a 10 person van (that will meet you at baggage claim and transport your bags) meet your needs and save you money?

1 Like

I’m not sure. Probably you’re right. Honestly I’m so annoyed about the whole thing this am, I’m not being completely rational. I’m also fighting with the stupid non stop return times offered by southwest. I’ll put myself in a time out and come back to it later.

2 Likes

Ok so for the family trip Mears connect comes in at $224 and Quicksilver is $190. You’re right, the private service will be easier and less expensive. Thank you!

2 Likes

Did you look at Mears SHUTTLE too and see about a van to meet your needs?

Not trying to deter you from Quicksilver, just looking out for your bottom line.

1 Like

Thanks! Just checked and both the Mears shuttle and Mears connect express are more expensive than quicksilver.

1 Like

just got a quote from Tiffany for $130 plus tip for a one way. 3 kids, boosters, two adults and two drops (ASM and CR). I think I’ll be booking my mears express tomorrow… :rofl:

1 Like

Wow … they are including vaccinations on the way to WDW as a perk? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ha! that would be nice wouldn’t it!!

Not to miss the point, but there are currently two locations in the landside building at the Orlando airport offering mRNA vaccines, no waiting, no appointment needed.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic!

And you can take the city bus from Disney Springs to the airport for $2. Now that is saving some serious spondulicks.

Wow!

But you have to lug your Crap™ to DS

1 Like

I have done this exactly once and it was absolutely not worth the cost savings.

I do sometimes stay at a hotel off Palm Pkwy and take the city bus to DS or TTC or SeaWorld.

Just an update here (as of 2/4/2022)…
Quicksilver is now $195 (without $5 coupon) for a round trip from MCO to/from BCV (for up to 4 people) with a 20 min grocery stop. Mears Connect is $32/person ($128 for the 4 of us). Not sure the grocery stop is worth $60?

It depends - you will need to tip quicksilver too but they will meet you at baggage claim and also help with luggage.

My trip is in 16 days and rentals are finally under $200 but my Quicksilver booking is $150 so I decided to keep it.

2 Likes