Can We Talk About Airport Transportation Options?

I am doing sunshine Flyer. My son like it

2 Likes

I wonder how much of a problem Disney created for themselves re: Magical Express when they started charging for parking at the resorts. That was around the same time that we started staying on-site and it didn’t take long to figure out that if you reserved Magical Express, you often didn’t get charged for parking. I’m we sure weren’t the only ones who made bookings for ME that we had no intention of using. Although heck, probably half the time that we actually intended to use it, we didn’t because of the extra time it took. Not sure what were the financial implications of reserved riders who didn’t show up, but it couldn’t have been good. I’m sure however that now that we are here, giving up parking fees AND reinstating DME would be laughable to Chapek.

2 Likes

We loved it too. I have wondered if the third party that provided the service is still in business.

2 Likes

If my Google-Fu was strong enough, I believe it was Baggage Airline Guest Services (6751 Forum Dr #200, Orlando, FL 32821) that provided the services based on an Orlando paper layoff notice I found and how it might affect Magical Express during the early days of Covid. Looks like the company still exists in some form according to Google Maps.

The website link via Google Maps links to Bags VIP Luggage Delivery | Bags Inc. which offers to deliver bags within 40 miles for $40 for the first 2 bags and an extra $10 for each bag beyond that (up to 8), Guess it is nice to know there is still an option, albeit not a super cheap one…

2 Likes

@kerrilux_625778 used a service for luggage transfer from MCO to WDW. I seem to recall that she said it wasn’t quite seamless, but that it was hella better than lugging the amount of luggage her sizeable crew had through the airport.

2 Likes

My ordeal with Bags, Inc starts around there in the thread.

4 Likes

I remember reading this at the time - now with some time passing, would you use the service again or skip it?

2 Likes

We did not use it on our last trip. I think moving forward, assuming the same group of 8 and the ridiculous packing that the old ladies do, we will use it in the future. We will be smarter about it though. Actually, my aunt already learned her lesson and had all her meds in her carry on this last trip. That was really the biggest issue. If we hadn’t had anything we NEEDED in the bags, I would have gone to bed and not worried about it until morning. Trying to fit all our bags, double stroller, and people in our rental van was a feat of Tetris that caused undue stress on my marriage.

All that said, I think we are going to drive our giant Blurrg next time we head to FL as a family and skip the hassle of flying. It’s just so hard with so many littles. The airport experience is beyond stressful.

Now, I do have an adult trip scheduled for June and we will be flying. Hopefully we won’t really be checking any bags, but if we do, we might use the service. I’d have to discuss it with my travelling companions though.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Meds was about all we had in our carry-on. :grin:

Until our June 2022 trip I’d never experienced MCO.

We left the house at 10:30 am. To be fair, we had a detour to pick up a travel companion. But we also got a driver, saving us parking fees. We arrived at our night’s lodging at 9:30 pm. 10 hours traveling. Halfway there if we’d been driving. :thinking:

I’m not opposed to air travel. A week at WDW, DVC, any time of year, is easier for me to wrap my head around when size/amount/numbers of luggage isn’t a consideration. :blush:

Thank you for your thoughts, post trip.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread…in case there is anyone interested. Sunshine flyer is having a summer deal currently where kids ride FREE! Pretty good deal I think. Deal ends in about 6 days

7 Likes

Just wanted to report an amazing experience with We Drive Transportation from the Ear For Each Other Facebook page.

$75 one way, $10 per car seat, max 5 people.

They were communicative and courteous. They were flexible when I needed to change my flight. My driver Robert was just lovely. Loved chatting with him on both trips.

4 Likes

Thank you for this!! Just booked Sunshine for my September trip just me and my girls, $32 RT for all 3 of us! Can’t beat that!!

4 Likes

How far out does this deal go? We need to book for May 2023.

I believe as far out as you can book.

I just booked mine for September and advanced the calendar out to May 2023 and the free kids still showed as free

2 Likes

FYI, the Sunshine Flyer is not a 24/7 operation (Mears Connect is). Last bus leaves the airport at 11pm.

We have a 10:10pm arrival on an upcoming trip and I’m not willing to risk missing our drive out in case there is a delay in the arrival at the gate. So Mears to WDW and Sunshine Flyer back to MCO.

4 Likes

I went ahead and booked! My trip is going to UOR first and that wasn’t an option, so I only booked a return trip. It said that cancellation or modification up to 72 hours in advance was ok. I haven’t booked my flights but I have my eye on one.

Now to decide whether to book Mears from MCO to the resort …

4 Likes

I’m going with Mears for my late August trip. First, I’m not really into a train theme, and then with their kids bus free… I’m hoping Mears may be a little quieter. LOL.

3 Likes

I used Sunshine Flyer. Buses were a deep red color. Only host at airport dressed up like engineer. No kids on return bus to MCO from resort.