Can we get an update?

I read and saved the blog showing the graph for different opening month scenarios. I am still hoping the actual crowd calendar will be updated soon-it’s been a while, guys. Some of us are holding onto hope for mid/late June trips, and would like to see some wait time estimates. I realize waits themselves may be a whole 'nother story when WDW finally opens, with various possible speculations of how these could be handled differently. But I would like to get a ballpark idea of wait times, unless the data guys think that’s a hopeless idea at this point moving forward for many more months. Do you think we should just forget making a touring plan any time soon and do the old just show up with a few past passes as in days of old?

1 Like

I would definitely wait until we know how Disney is going to operate. There might not be any standby. You might need to strategise for virtual queues. There are tons of variables.

4 Likes

I don’t see how they can possibly model anything right now. Even if we knew what operations would be like (capacity, how they’ll manage queues, staffing), I think it will be hard to know how it will really work out. Huge learning curves for both staff and guests, and the situation will probably evolve rapidly as they figure out what works and what doesn’t and make adjustments. Not to mention the possibility they’ll have to shut it all down again if infections/deaths start to spike.

6 Likes

Updates come because of new data. No new data means no updates. June and July (if open) are impossible to predict because obviously the parks will be operating in a way they have never operated before - so no data to use to make predictions.

My approach is going to be try to get the best fastpasses possible and then work rope drop and so on from there.

4 Likes

As eager as many people are to see the parks re-open, I can only imagine how much sleep the authors of the 2021 Guidebooks are losing.

“OK. well… we know it’s still in Florida… umm”

7 Likes