Can Universal PLEASE stop closing things *right* before we're due to travel there?!?!?!

• Hogwarts Express
  • Superstar Parade
  • Shrek and Donkey Meet-and-Greet

I have kids that were looking forward to alllllll of those things and now they won’t be going on when we are there in mid-June. Yes, there will be plenty to do, but I’m just finding this frustrating! No idea what else they will announce before our trip. :angry:

4 Likes

What are the dates for the Hogwarts Express refurb?

Maybe The Mummy will open back up earlier to make up for it :crossed_fingers:t2:

HE refurb is June 9th through 18th. We’re there the 12th through 18th. I’m holding out hope it’ll open early, but who knows.

I’ve heard Mummy might be open around 4th of July, so we probably won’t be there for it. Have a trip scheduled for Thanksgiving so we’ll hopefully be able to do alllll the things then, I’m just bummed.

5 Likes

They were able to complete the last refurbishment on HE about 2 days early. There’s hope! :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Yeah…That’s the latest guess / rumor. “Late Summer” is all they’ll say. It would make sense to get it out there for the last big summer push before schools go back in August.

2 Likes

The meet and greets the parade does will still run and Shrek & Fiona will be in Dreamworks Destination.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic news!!! Thank you!

I saw RixFlix today saying he believes Mummy might be opening even sooner, (Maybe June 1 - 4 in time for the Orlando Informer Meet-up)

It’s just speculation, but Rick is often pretty careful when he starts mentioning things and will warn you if he thinks it’s only a rumor.

I’m not 100% convinced, but it does give you some hope!

(He mentioned Shrek moving over to the Kids Zone too. He thinks it will be in the shuttered restaurant right outside the Dreamworks Destination. That one he admits is speculative, but makes since)

4 Likes

Yes, I also watched that vlog! I’m hopeful that he’s correct about mummy, it would be great to ride it. The area near dreamworks makes sense too.

I’m VERY excited for the tribute store. Saw the merch that is out at Universal Hollywood and I will be spending wayyyy too much money.

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if Mummy opens before July 1. Remember before it can reopen they have to remove the Monsters store.

3 Likes

I’m upset about the Hogwarts Express. I’ll be there on the 18th. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

At least the Caro-Seuss-el reopened this week! :wink: :roll_eyes: :rofl:

3 Likes

Laugh all you want, I was actually excited about that since my kids like a carousel! :rofl:
I know, I know, pathetic. And I’ll end up being irritated that I have to ride it several times and will wish it were still under refurbishment, HA!

3 Likes

I’m going to hop on at least once this year to check it off my “to do” list!

1 Like