Can I realistically do a midday break off property?

I don’t have a trip planned, but currently, WDW is taking away all my reasons to stay on property (FP, ME, EMH). I really need a break in the middle of the day to nap for a bit and send my kids to the pool. Usually it’s an hourish both ways for travel and a 1-2 hours for a nap. Is that possible if I stay at a Bonnet Creek or Disney Springs? Will I wish I had a car or Uber for it?

1 Like

I would say yes, it’s doable. It might be though for a park that closes early like Animal Kingdom, but if you have a park that’s open until 10 I think it’s completely feasible.

The Car vs Uber is really up to your preference. Someone who’s been recently might have newer insight as to Uber/Lyft availability, but pre Covid I never had an issue getting a car within 10 minutes of ordering.

Bonnet Creek and DS are so close to all four parks, I don’t see much of an issue. If you decide to stay further into Orlando, closer to UOR or the airport, it would be much more of an issue because of distance and traffic.

1 Like

Last January we stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages with DD4 and DS1. There were three days where we rope dropped and stayed at the park until about 3 or 3:30 and then called it quits for the rest of the day. Then we had two or three days where we left around noon and came back around 3:30 or 4. We had a rental car and it was easy enough. Took us about 40-50 minutes all together each way (so walking to car and driving) with MK needing a little bit more time because of the monorail/TTC.

It is totally doable and helps you avoid some of the busiest crowds of the day. But @Bubblez is right that you should watch park closing times. For our upcoming trip in May, the parks are currently all scheduled to close between 5 and 7pm…so we’d still be able to do an hour or two at the later parks but leaving Animal Kingdom may not be feasible this time around.

2 Likes