Can I have 2 reservations for the same person, same dates in 2 different hotels?

Reserved All Star Movies via American Disney site for 6 nights in Feb.22, the 7th night was not available. Two weeks ago I got the UK package for free dining credit for the same period, but at the Pop Century, since all 7 nights were available. Both reservations are in my name but only the ASM shows up on my disney experience. I want to link the Pop manually, will that be ok? I want to keep the ASM for another couple of months in case that last night becomes available.

I have never had an issue having multiple reservations for the same time period.

1 Like

Interesting. I called the other day and wanted to do this - wanted to grab a different resort while we discussed the options - and they wouldn’t let me. That said, I didn’t push and I didn’t try to ignore that I already had a reservation.

1 Like

Yes you can hold multiple reset reservations but as @mdbundy says, if you call in, they will remove one of the reservations.

2 Likes

I think you can, although I have seen reported that if you had to call the CM might say you need to cancel one of them.

But I’m interested in how you managed to get the US site up. Since the changes about 18 months ago (I think), I can only get the U.K. site. Even if I don’t sign in, and use the US site name it defaults back to the U.K. one.

1 Like

I was on the phone this morning trying to do this very thing.

Yes, you can have multiple reservations for the same person at multiple resorts for the same dates.

The system was being wonky for me online so I called in and after 40-ish minutes of moving/adjusting/crying/laughing we were able to get as close to what I wanted as I could.

As a note, I have 3 resorts reserved for the same two weeks later this year. She did comment on them, but understood what I was trying to accomplish and did not remove any of my reservations, and even looked for a 4th resort for those same dates. It all depends on the CM you get, I guess.

2 Likes

Yes, I should have clarified. A CM will not doublebook you, and will tell you that you cannot do it. However, you can doublebook them online. I’ve called in while holding multiple reservations and while they did hassle me, they did not cancel, or make me cancel, any of the reservations.

2 Likes

I use VPN. I live in the Netherlands, my 2 other travel companions (cousins) live in the UK. Reservations for 2022 are simply not opened for European guests (!!!). So I used my VPN to reserve in the US website using the address of a friend in Seattle. And 2 weeks ago used the UK VPN to reserve the UK package.

2 Likes

Yes, I do this too.

If you use a VPN with a US IP, clear cookies / use incognito on your browser and login to the US site, you can then actually turn off the VPN and continue using it, make bookings etc. That way you don’t have to for example make payments through the VPN server. Once you log out and back in, it might throw you back to the EU site.

1 Like