Can fixed date tickets be returned to Undercover Tourist if they've been linked to MDE for Fastpass?

UPDATE: Yes, physical tickets can be returned even if they’ve been linked to MDE and have FP+ reserved, as long as they meet the other conditions of return (within 90 days, fixed date hasn’t passed). Source: spoke with Christine in customer service at Undercover Tourist.

I wrote to their customer service and asked but have not heard back from them yet, will post the official answer once it is received!

I know that you have 90 days from date of purchase to return a fixed date ticket that has been physically mailed to you as long as long as the fixed date hasn’t already arrived; but what I can’t tell is whether or not it can be returned if it is linked to MDE for FP+ purposes.

My gut feeling is that they can still be returned, but we’d like to know for sure before linking them just in case our trip (mid-May) ends up being somehow interrupted by COVID-19 (the only reason we can foresee needing to return the tickets/cancel our trip).

I’m pretty sure their policy is that once the tickets are linked they are not refundable.

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve read too.

2 Likes

Ditto - I think in general once it is linked it is non refundable.

2 Likes

We have ordered tix from them many times. They come with a very clear warning that once linked to MDE they are not refundable/returnable. This will be highlighted on the paper that the tickets are attached to.

2 Likes

It is so disappointing that they don’t make that abundantly clear on their return policy, thank you so much for letting me know. It doesn’t make any sense for us to pay for express shipping for the returnable tickets now (Day 60 is Thursday), so e-ticket it is!

1 Like

The only thing that may change your mind - do you have or are you getting magic bands? If not, you will have to take a printout of the confirmation to guest services to pick up ticket cards.

1 Like

I have one, but my traveling companion does not – I’ll let her know in the event she wants to order one! Thank you for the heads up!

I’m in the same situation - planning to stop by guests services to pick up the card or pick up a magic band on arrival day so we will be ready for parks in the first day. Apparently very easy at any park or at Disney springs.

1 Like

If you are within 90 days of the purchase you can return fixed date, physical tickets that have been linked to MDE and have fastpass reservations on them.

I did it myself earlier this week when we cancelled our trip because of this monsense. It was only about 2-3 days before the refund (95%) hit out credit card. Could not have been easier.

1 Like

Well, this restores my hope (and am glad I didn’t order the e-tickets yet). My inquiry still hasn’t been answered by their customer service, I’ll try contacting them again. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Well, I broke down and called (I absolutely hate talking on the phone and avoid it if at all possible, but if I’m ordering the tix I have to get my order in by tomorrow so I opted to call) and spoke with Christine, who confirmed Gonzo’s experience: she said that they can be returned even if they’ve been linked to MDE and have fastpasses associated with them; they cannot be returned if they have been modified by changing the name or adding extra days. WHEW!! Ordering now, and thanks all for weighing in!

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you! The ability to return the physical tickets wasn’t a factor when we ordered physical instead of e-tickets but I’m VERY glad we did.

1 Like

This must have changed recently, as they have always had the warning about not being able to cancel after linking to MDE. Interesting…

3 Likes

I bought date based e-tickets From undercover tourist and I was told they are not refundable but the dates can be changed. I even checked after linking them to MDE and there is an option to reschedule them up to midnight the day before they become active If I remember correctly. I think you just have to pay the difference in ticket prices if there is any. Maybe it’s different up if you get paper tickets in the mail vs e-tickets?

1 Like

Yes, the e-tickets aren’t refundable at all, but the physical tickets (mailed to you) are refundable. The physical tickets also become non-refundable if you modify them as you mentioned (changing the dates).

Thanks for letting us know! I may return mine also which have been linked.

1 Like

Is this only for tickets purchased through Undercover Tourist? Or is this true for all 3rd party sellers?

1 Like

I don’t know about other sellers, I imagine each would create their own policies. Good luck!

Tripster I believe you can refund up to the day before the tickets are active. Regardless of whether they are linked or if they are digital.

At this point with the way disney hikes prices, I’m keeping my tickets. I trust Disney to honor them if the pandemic is clearly the reason they went unused - and that’s better than risking having to buy at new higher prices.

2 Likes