Can 2 adults and 1 child ride together on Big Thunder Mountain in the same row?

I have read conflicting things on this. My wife and I are thin and our to be 5 year old daughter is small so I suspect we could all fit on the bench. But I wasn’t sure if that is permitted for Big Thunder Mountain. I know my daughter will prefer to be between us rather that at the end of the row.

Edit to add: We aren’t going to WDW until next fall, but I’m looking forward to DD finally being able to ride the 40" rides.

1 Like

Yes, you can. Did this with my DD when she was 5yo and she felt secure and safe.

2 Likes

You might be able to do it, but it will be a tight squeeze. My 3 kids sat together, but they were 9,9, and 6.

1 Like

We do it all the time. DH and I are average size (not overweight, but I wouldn’t describe either of us as really skinny) and DD is 5 but very tall for her age (currently just over 48"). It’s snug, but not uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Add another yes to the list. Flat bench, nice and wide. I rode with my 2 kids last trip, ages 8 and 6. The only thing to be aware of is that since your child is likely thinner than you, the lap bar will not come all the way down on her, which is not the most secure, so put an arm around her shoulders.

If you are thin, 3 across will work on Splash mountain also. I did this with my two kids. It’s a tighter squeeze than BTMRR though.

2 Likes

Thanks. DD4 does not like drops so Splash is not an option at this point. But, Big Thunder Mountain doesn’t really have any drops so I think she may like it.

I’m jealous…

Don’t you have another WDW trip coming up?

Yes, but I’ll be getting up at 3AM four days in a row and running, running, running. Only a few park hours each day. Solo trip. I AM really looking forward to it, but it just won’t be the same without the family.

4 Likes

I get it. Going with kids is the best. I hope you are able to plan another family visit in the relatively near future.

I think so - we typically ride 3 across with tweens/teens until recently. What heidelj said - the not “tight” lap bar freaked my kids out a bit. With your kiddo in the middle of parents, it’s probably fine being less snug. (It’s just me and the boys, so one of mine was always on the outside - they now prefer to ride together and leave me to a random stranger. Ha,)

2 Likes

That is the case whether there are 2 people or 3 people on the seat, right? That is to say, if I rode with DD4 (without my wife on the other side of DD4), the lap bar would still be an issue.

1 Like

Yes, it will only go down as far as the biggest person.

1 Like

Yes, you’re correct.