California Grill or Topolinos

It will be my husband’s 60th birthday and we will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge the first week of December. I’m trying to decide which restaurant to go to for his birthday dinner.

California Grill for sunset and fireworks. Topo’s is beautiful, but CG is an edge out if you are Magic Kingdom/fireworks fans. Also check out Celebration at the Top.

We did my 40th birthday dinner at California Grill with the fireworks. It was fabulous. After the fireworks we dashed back to MK and hopped on a few rides with no wait. :heart:

We also brunched at Topolinos and really enjoyed that, so I don’t think you will be disappointed whatever you choose.

I think you can’t go wrong with Cali Grill. I’m not a big fan of the Topolinos dinner menu and I think view is less impressive.

Topolino’s for me.

1 Like

I love them both but I would pick Topolino’s.
Since CG went to a prix fixe menu I’ve been less excited about it.

2 Likes

I’ll be there the first week of December, too! I enjoy the food at both but less so now with the prix fixe menu. I can’t eat all that food! But the fireworks with music from MK would make CG feel more celebratory for me. Look at both menus and see which one would be better.

Well I used to say CG easily. But I am hearing that they have removed the short rib wontons from the menu, just the latest in a string of offenses that deteriorate the whole thing. Plus or especially because it is prix fixe which makes me insane - just let me order whatever I want and don’t force me to choose a set of selections!!! It’s Signature for heck’s sake!!

So now I will say Topolino most of the time. CG only if location in the MK area matters. And it breaks my heart to say that.

2 Likes

I completely agree. It’s sad.

1 Like

Lots of availability this evening. Go figure.

1 Like

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I was going Friday. :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I still think CG is the way to go for the dinner/fireworks. I think Topolino’s might edge out on dinner right now since CG still is prix fixe. Close on that one.

1 Like

Yep! I have not confirmed, but had that on my radar as someplace I might hop up to the bar either tonight or tomorrow specifically to have those. And then I heard on a podcast this week that they have removed them.

1 Like

That was my plan for Friday. Just for the wontons and a cocktail. So sad if it’s true.

2 Likes

Twins! I was precisely what I planned to enjoy. I’ll scope it out for you and let you know.

1 Like

Much appreciated! Too bad we can’t go together Thursday night.

1 Like