Cabana Bay Tips

A few CBBR updates from our Xmas week trip:

• Good choice for a split stay with WDW - there’s an onramp to I-4 around the corner from the front entrance, and a parking entrance off Turkey Lake Rd that can save you a few mins coming back especially if you’re in Starlight or Continental

• Parking gates finally work properly. You have to touch your room key to the lower right of the gate panel, horizontally on the blue box outline.

• New Malt Shop is open next to the Bayliner diner, with delicious shakes and smoothies. They don’t accept room charge however.

• Inner tube hut by the lazy river no longer sells adult tubes with drink holders. They don’t accept cash.

Edit:

• Luggage drop (far right of front desk) has a luggage scale you can use to verify if your bags are under airline weight limit. Turn bags sideways so wheels are off ground

• shortcut to other side of hotel from Starlight or Continental: use overhead garden walkway ramp to 2nd floor lobby, pass by bowling and out the other side, take ramp down to pool area

• fridge in family suite is finicky about closing. Close very deliberately and check. Often times closing casually leaves it slightly ajar. It does not have a freezer compartment.

• Basic wifi was still good enough for Zoom videoconferences and work.

6 Likes

So adult tubes without drink holders? Do you know the price?

2 Likes

$17. They are light green and have an inflatable seat to sit on and handles to hold on to, which I like. They sold similar ones last year with drink holders for $15. They also sell a cheaper adult tube and several kids tubes.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

I wonder why they don’t just have a stash available to use on the lazy river.
Is it a cash grab thing?? It’s not like it’s a useful souvenir. We left ours behind. Hopefully someone else got to use them :woman_shrugging:t4:

I’ve heard you can exchange it for a deflated one to take home. I wonder if they still do that…

2 Likes

I’ve heard that, but still… what’s the point of having a deflated pool ring? :laughing:

1 Like

So you can pack it in your luggage for a souvenir silly.

1 Like

Aaaand we’re going round in circles :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl::rofl:

I guess if you have a pool at home, or live at the beach then it would be cool, but I’m sure 90% of people who buy one will never use it again.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

What! You don’t have a pool? What about your bathtub? Hot tub? Pond? Lake? River? Mud pit? How bout snow tubing?

:laughing:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

They did last year, and you can bring it back on a future CBBR trip and they’ll reinflate it. I won’t take mine home this time though, too much stuff in the luggage already :slight_smile:

2 Likes