Cabana Bay stay - late July

DH has a biz trip to Orlando again in late July. So instead of Disney (which we did last month) we are heading to Universal/IOA.

We’ve determined that Cabana Bay best suits our budget for the resort. DH wanted an onsite hotel, from which we could walk to the parks. I know this is further away than the others, but I’ve been reading that it’s still doable.

So tell me about your experiences at Cabana Bay and what we can expect and what we should request or make sure to do while we are there. We will have two 1/2 days to kill at the resort along with probably some resort time to split up the park time (beat the heat).

Is the walk really doable vs taking the shuttle?
We’d be in a standard room. Are there recommended rooms for that category?

Thanks!

It’s a doable walk…BUT if you are going in late july…it will be a hot and sticky walk!
the pedestrian bridge is finished. I’d allot about 15- 20mins for the walk. We stayed in the family room right by the pool. I like Cabana Bay…its ‘kitschy’ …affordable and found staff to be very friendly. They also have refillable mugs too for your use during your stay. We did do bowling which was fun for the family. The rooms are comfortable and clean. To me the family rooms by the pool seemed the most convenient; the part of the hotel that has interior hallways seemed to be less convenient to some of the stuff if you happened to be at one end of the hallway. We’ve stayed twice…i’d stay again.

The bus ride is quick, and there’s so much walking to get into the parks anyway, I don’t know why you would bother walking. The buses run often and are nice.

We absolutely LOVED Cabana Bay. The whole place is just shiny and fun. The rooms are probably so-so (cute, but not really cozy), but the pool, Starbucks, lazy river, and everything else are just awesome.

1 Like