Bye Bye Dinos

Nooooo!! :cry: .

2 Likes

I’m with you!

4 Likes

That’s what they could do with the bumpy dino ride.

1 Like

How about this: I don’t care for either

2 Likes

I thought you were only grumpy first thing in the morning. :boar:

3 Likes

Coming soon to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

6 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

I will miss the ice cream sandwiches. sigh.

4 Likes

I’m sure they will move things like that.

4 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’d get a G+ pass for it first thing, only for it to turn Golden Ticket on me in like 10 minutes. And then it would be down all day. Happened 3 times.

2 Likes

If only we could be so lucky.

4 Likes

I think casita would make a great play area or dining location.

I also think they should make an ride themed to the moment when Antonio goes thru his door and there are all the animals in the jungle in his room. The whole ride on the back of the jaguar in that scene would make a great coaster or even a ride like FOP. I love the music in that scene too.

11 Likes

I’m not particularly sad about this but I will miss the land once it’s gone since I’m a sentimental dude. I’m more excited about the possibility of new stuff coming though.

3 Likes

Not sorry to see it go, but really do NOT like what’s coming either. Given the choice, I would’ve preferred a heavy refurb of Dinosaur to where it’s amazing.

2 Likes

I loved the OG “Countdown to Extinction”, but over the years they kept turning on more lights and turning off more of the scary effects… :sob: :sob:

I am in the minority, but I adore wild mouse coasters! I rode PW often! Some of my favorite coasters are this style!!

I know everyone loves Encanto and Indy (when working), but kids have a natural love of dinosaurs. So many kids love dinos before they ever see Disney movies. The notion that a great “generic” theme like dinos is just going to go away is silly to me. It’s like Disney has conceded that if you want dinosaurs you have to go to Universal. (BTW - Camp Jurassic/Pteranodon Flyers/JP Discovery Center at IOA are all WONDERFUL options for kids that love dinos!)

1 Like

I would not say I loved it, but my DS did and I was the only one who would ride with him. So I am sad that our little tradition is gone.

At least we still have the Mad Tea Cups which fall in to that same category.

3 Likes

Too bad Disney can’t keep stuff and still add more stuff–I do like new things, but I’m always sad to lose old ones. Guess they can’t keep up the maintenance on everything.

3 Likes

I agree with all of this!!

And I miss PW :pensive:

2 Likes

I watched YouTube videos of the current version at the OG. Honestly…I couldn’t see any differences whatsoever. Maybe there were some, but they had to be minor.

But it is possible they have fixed some things more recently that they had let go for a while.

As far as PW…I rode it I think twice with the kids. It was fine. Nothing special. Good for the kids. I wasn’t sorry to see it go…but was sorry it wasn’t replaced with something else.

Definitely think AK needs a shot in the arm…so whatever they do to DinoLand should hopefully add capacity as well as being some new life to AK. (I say this because AK is consistently ranked lowest of the four parks and tends to be the first park people skip if they need to skip one.)

2 Likes