BWV Refurb

This is the first article I have seen (studio with pictures)

1 Like
  1. I like the muted tones. :woman_shrugging:t2:
  2. That Murphy bed just barely fits in the space. Kinda squishy
  3. Did they replace that 1970s thermostat :crazy_face:
1 Like

I saw a link to a disboards post with photos of the kitchenette (looks like a real mini refrigerator) and bathroom. I can’t find it now!

3 Likes

Paul clearly doesn’t care for it :joy:

But the artwork is super whimsical amd the curtains and carpet have color pop.

What are those two little weird stools?.BRV has those and I am not sure how functional they are?

3 Likes
1 Like

Not sure why they went without the small table and chairs here. Am wondering if the furniture just isn’t in??

But in terms of where to sit, folks in the thread seem to forget there is a couch right there? Unless they mean as a whole group of 4 or 5 and then yes, that’s problematic. Also that table can be used for storage - just raise the surface vs open a drawer.

2 Likes

Boulder ridge went with something very similar for the studio. No table and chairs, except the trunk (the lid turns into a table and gives you storage) and these weird little stools stored under the TV console. (Best picture I could find that shows the stools)

So this may be the new design? At least the BRV ones store out of the way!

And at first I forgot about the couch as a place to sit too :woman_facepalming:

DH likes a firm chair to sit in for his back. So we will see how this set up does for him.

3 Likes

I want to see the 1 bedroom photos. I am hoping they will add the 5th sleeping surface like SSR.

3 Likes

I like the refurbishment. Color schemes aside (this doesn’t bother me, btw), the Murphy Bed is one of the main things I care about when selecting between the different DVC resorts these days. Also the pull-down bed is great. And having a refreshed room just feels nicer, regardless of the specifics in the design.

2 Likes

I’m torn over this.

Currently if we book a 1-bed somewhere like BCV or BWV, we can use an air mattress so the boys can sleep on separate surfaces, but still have the storage to put things away. And during the day the air mattress can go in the closet.

If they add the 5th sleeper it might give youngest a proper place to sleep, he’s an adult but a lightweight. But then their stuff is still in suitcases and the living room is cluttered.

I know that the current set-up doesn’t work for everyone but it works for us.

I love the addition of Goofy and Max! But we will miss Donald in the pull down twin! :sob: Poor guy can’t catch a break.

2 Likes