Buzz Lightyear Question

I have never been on Buzz Lightyear in all of my many trips to WDW. Crazy huh?! One of my traveling companions just broke an arm and is awaiting a cast. Will she still be able to ride this? She’s only 3 years old.

Yes - as long as someone is riding with her (and at 3, I guess that’s required) it’s no issue at all. The shooting component can be moved & shot one handed. The “laser” is just a gun on a swivel mechanism with a trigger button. Having someone with a 2nd hand free to rotate the vehicle is useful, although in theory you could do that one handed as well if you had to…

2 Likes

Thank you. I realize Barnstormer is not likely to happen… too much jostling around. I can’t think of anything else that she can’t ride. She’s not tall enough for 7DMT, BTMR, Splash, Space. All the rest are mild. Am I forgetting any critical rides that I should be aware of? We are only doing MK this visit.

I can’t think of anything else beyond the coasters you covered that I’d have much concern over due to a broken arm. Maybe the tea cups? But that’s probably a stretch - frankly presuming she’s in a hard cast (and stays in the hard cast - my son when he broke his arm liked to try to slide the cast off), I doubt she could do much further damage on a coaster really, but that’s a discussion for her Doctor. And if she’s too small for all the good coasters, Barnstormer isn’t likely good enough to risk anything over…

1 Like

I didn’t think about the tea cups!! I can’t do those anyway, so she can sit out with me. And my own DD won’t do Barnstormer, so at least the other child in the group can ride if she wants too…

Don’t forget the splashy wet rides! A cover up for that cast on Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids and Casey’s splash zone is an absolute must!!

1 Like

Thanks! She’s not big enough for Splash. We’re only going to MK. Casey’s could be a problem! And our pool day might be a problem too. I’ll find out today how long she’ll be in the cast.

Check on if the cast is water proof or at least water resistant. Worst case they make cast covers for showering that work relatively well that you could purchase to take along for Casey’s although I doubt I’d recommend swimming in it unless the cast itself is water proof. Complete submersion would likely be an issue if the cast itself isn’t waterproof…

1 Like