Buy 2, get 2 days free promo question (UOR)

So, UOR often has some kind of “Buy 2 days, get 2 days free” promo (or something similar). I get this is a misnomer. Really it means, “Get 4 days for a discounted price.”

My question, though, is about timing of this deal. Right now, they are only offering it through March-ish. We are going in May. I wanted to be able to tell my DS and DDIL if they should wait to buy tickets until this offer comes out…but I’m just not sure if that’s a good idea or not. Has UOR consistently offered this deal for May dates? If so, how far in advance?

Is there risk that UOR might raise ticket prices in the meantime? If it were me, I’d just buy my tickets now to get ahead of potential price increases…but they are in the situation where money is tighter, so I’d like to give them an informed decision on what they should do.

(Now…I DID actually tell them way back last year that they should buy the Seasonal Pass…which I did for us, and my oldest DS and DDIL did right away, but my second son wasn’t in a position to do it then…unfortunately, the REGULAR 4-day tickets now cost more than we paid for our Seasonal passes because UOR has raised ticket prices so much.)

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Trying to decide when to buy my 3-day passes for my trip in May. Kind of annoying that they try to get you to buy 4-day when I don’t need it.

Thought I remember hearing Universal typically increases prices annually in February. Add that to the difficulty in deciding when to buy when the promotions don’t line up right.

2 Likes

I’d be inclined to book now for May and lock in before expected price increases, through a reseller that offers a refund. Then if a much better deal comes along you can always cancel and rebook.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the previous year indicates the same timing as the next, but in mid January 2022 Universal offered the buy two get two for the remainder of the year.

1 Like

I’ve been watching every day for this to be continued (or something else offered) for my dates in March. We’re super close to having to make our final payment but no discounts have been announced yet. I’d sure suspect something to come soon.

I’d give it another few days, at least, and hope something comes out soon.

1 Like