Buses at All Stars Resorts

Wondering how the buses work at All Stars. Are they usually shared? If so, what’s the pick up and drop off order? And are they less likely to share at busy times like over Christmas break?

Thanks for any help!

3 Likes

Each one will have their own bus. During the day when it’s less busy they might share. I’ve read reports of great bus service at All Stars resorts.

7 Likes

Ditto what @JenniferB1975 said. I’ve stayed at all 3 over the last year and they each had their own bus the majority of the time. They did share to/from DS quite frequently, but to/from the parks only shared occasionally at the very slow midday or extreme late night hours.

6 Likes

If you stay past park closing (like an ADR) they will share. It can be confusing because it may kidt a specific All Stars. But if you are leaving late and only see one, definitely ask if they are going to all three.

3 Likes

Not that it was specifically asked, but this can be true if other resorts. For example, the bus back to Boardwalk was shared with Yacht and Beach club after park closing, even when they don’t share other times of the day.

4 Likes

I just got back from my trip where I stayed 9 nights at All Star Sports. The bus service was fantastic! I don’t think I ever waited more than 5-10 minutes for a bus, and early in the morning they always provided the extra large “double bus” for Magic Kingdom. I never shared a bus with the other All Star resorts; every bus I was on went directly to the park or to Sports.

Edit to add: Even late at night there was a bus going to each individual all star resort, and that includes the MNNSHP night and two nights I stayed at MK an hour after park close.

4 Likes

We had a very good bus experience at All Star Movies two years ago. We successfully rope dropped headliners in all 4 parks (at the very front of the pack) by getting the first bus of the day. At the time we were using @popup’s super useful bus times Liner spreadsheet, but I know this has been discontinued since timings were so consistent and the general rule of thumb for RD now is to be at the bus stop 90 min before EE.

2 Likes

This exactly-if you want to be head of the EE rope drop crowd, get the bus 90 minutes before EE. On my two early MK days, I was at the bus stop at 7am for EE of 8:30. Both days I was right at the front to tap into the park.

2 Likes

I’ve stayed at All-Stars on 4 different occasions and I’ve always found the bus service excellent. I feel this way for most of the resorts honestly. The only time I recall every feeling like I waited FOREVER for a bus was at Port Orleans FQ. I chalked it up to being a smaller resort thing.

2 Likes

Oh no - that’s where I want to stay for my next trip. Was it just once or all the time?

1 Like

It was just a couple times at the sllloooowest season. It would be perfectly fine, especially if your going in the morning and coming back in the evening. I say it’s the only time I’ve had a “problem” but honestly, no more than 20 mins tops and that trip wasn’t park centric so we were late in the mornings and coming back early. I still think it’s a FABULOUS resort!

Dooo Itttt!

1 Like

Just returned from 8 day trip at All Star Music and the buses were great! We never shared a bus or waited more than 10/15 minutes for one to show up. When leaving the parks we took whichever bus arrived first from music or sports as it was about the same distance to our room.

3 Likes