Bus between Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge?

One of the activities we have planned is to rent a golf cart and drive the loops at Ft. Wilderness. We will possibly be staying at Wilderness Lodge. I know there is a boat that goes between the resorts, but is there a bus? If we take the boat we will then have to take an internal bus to get to the depot with the golf cart. I’d rather just take a bus than a boat and a bus. Thanks!

I believe the bus runs only when weather stops the boats, and even then it goes to the settlement, not the outpost where golf carts are stored, so you will still need to take the internal bus. Your other choice is Lyft.

1 Like

Thanks!

Why? What am I missing? Are there hidden Mickeys or special things to look for?
I have reservations for a campsite and I am considering going there for a day to ride horses.

2 Likes

The campers decorate for Christmas. There’s also a sleigh ride, but it only covers 2 - 3 loops. So we’re gonna do both - sleigh ride, then golf cart around the loops we missed.

3 Likes

Thank you!
This might be fun the day we are going to MVMCP!

1 Like

When I stayed at WL in late May 2019, we shared buses to Epcot with Fort Wilderness. The bus stopped at WL first and then EP. You would be able to get on the bus ant WL and get off at Fort Wilderness via direct bus transport. This bus goes to the Outpost at FW.

1 Like

gosh darn it, kerri, stop coming up with great ideas I plan to steal! (I’m kidding, please don’t stop because you’re making my trip better!)

This sounds like a fantastic addition to our arrival day resort-hopping-to-see-decorations plan.

Heading off to check out golf cart rentals!

1 Like

I can’t take credit, it’s all stuff I’ve seen on here!!

1 Like

Crud - it won’t work for us. $62 per cart and I’d need two carts…

Bummer. You could maybe do the wagon ride?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/wagon-rides/

1 Like

I think my original plan of horseback rides and pony rides will delight and none of us will know what we are missing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Though that would be much more budget friendly and they’d enjoy it…

1 Like

Many of the best displays, are within walking distance of the settlement.

2 Likes

My family loves the FW trails rides. We discovered them back in 2007 while doing advance Disney planning for the first time. We’re all adults so no pony rides for us, but we always go over to the Tri-Circle D Ranch area near the settlement to see the ponies and draft horses.

The trail rides and pony rides are in separate places so you will need to take the internal bus system (or walk). The internal bus system is efficient for what it is with buses departing regularly and there is even a map at the depot of the different routes (OKW, please take note).

The trail ride check in location and horse stable is near the Outpost. The pony rides used to be near the Settlement at Circle D Ranch. EDIT: The Disney map now shows the pony rides near the trail ride barn (outpost area). They may have moved it due to Reflections construction which is taking place right next to the Settlement horse area.

The wagon rides still depart from Pioneer Hall in the Settlement area. The map indicates that the barn for the draft horses that pull the Main Street trolley carts is still in the Settlement area along with pony corrals (they house the Cinderella carriage ponies at FW too).

2 Likes

This is extremely helpful. Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the map you are looking at, please?

1 Like

Link to interactive WDW map below. Zoom in to your area of interest and you can the icon’s for each activity. The Fort Wilderness area is southeast of the MK; it’s really detailed if you zoom all the way in. The campsites, RV campsites and cabins are all shown and there are icons for things like laundry rooms along with icons for all the different recreational activities.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/

Here is the link to the Tri-Circle D Ranch page on WDW’s website. It includes all the different activities involving horses and ponies.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch/

My mother confirms that the pony rides have been moved to the Outpost side of FW. She saw a pony ride to the right of the trail ride office building when she visited in late May.