Bug in MDE allowing some to book FP early

I think if Disney’s IT opens your window early, that is a hell of a lot different to booking a throwaway room, or an overlapping reservation, or any of the hoops people jump through to get something they’re not entitled to.

5 Likes

I have UT tickets, and renting DVC (split stay). I was able to smoothly go in and get fast passes for all days of my stay. I am 67 days out.

2 Likes

In my gut, I am 99% sure they wouldn’t take them away from the people who got them early (assuming we’re past the 60 days like you said) on purpose. I imagine if it is some weird glitch, and that same glitch erases all of those early FP’s (assuming they are now 59 days or less) they would make it right somehow. There’s no way Disney DOESN’T know this is happening by now. It’s been going on for weeks now.

2 Likes

I’m now at 50 days and the FPs are still there and modifiable which seems to indicate that they are indeed “real”. I guess time will tell.

3 Likes

Looks like they have fixed this bug. I checked and my window (due to open tomorrow) is closed today. The FP I booked are still there.

1 Like

SAME! I was hoping to modify one of the FP’s I got yesterday and was also hoping the last 3 days of my trip would open up (I was only able to book the first 4) and can’t do anything today! Luckily, all of the ones I booked are intact.

1 Like

My FP window opened at 74 days one day at a time. Not always in the morning though.

I have a 3 part split stay booked on DVC points: AKV/BRV/OKW. 3 different owners and the reservations were made at different times (last June for BRV and early Jan 2019 for AKV and OKW). BRV was supposed to be the only reservations, but we ended up adding 2 extra days to the front and back ends to accommodate people’s schedules.

Our tickets are 5 day hoppers purchased through Boardwalk Ticketing before the change to date-based pricing (one person has Water parks & more, the others do not).

Edited to add: We have more onsite days than ticket days. A total of 9 onsite nights (2/5/2) and 5 day tickets (the trip was originally supposed to be 5 days/6 nights).

1 Like

Keep a screen shot of all your booked and confirmed FPP… You did not do anything wrong – the window opened and you booked. If for some reason there is a problem with them, if you have proof that you booked them and they were in your system and you didn’t do anything prohibited by the rules – like cancelling a throwaway reservation – then the CMs can restore them.
Last fall a software glitch made it impossible for AP holders who also had on-site reservations – of which I was one – to book FPPs at 60 days out. I finally got through on the phone to a CM who booked them for me, and recommended I screen shot the confirmations in case something happened once the glitch was fixed. She told me they would look at the screen shot and accept it as proof that it was a Disney fail, not me cheating.

2 Likes

I was able to book about 3 days early and it took the better part of an entire morning to book all 5 days. I am an AP holder and DH has a ticket purchased through UT w/park hopper. It was definitely glitchy but I just kept at it and eventually, everything was booked! I was able to modify right away too. I’m 44 days out and everything is still in place so, yay!
I initially struggled with feeling like I was cheating the system but as @missoverexcited pointed out, this was a oops on WDW’s part that we just happened to find.

1 Like