Bug in MDE allowing some to book FP early

Hey all, I just got my FP a week before my window should have opened. At the DIS I saw some people were able to do it and on a whim I tried, and was successful. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern as to who is able to do it and who isn’t, but if you’re near your booking window it might be worth a try.

2 Likes

Great isn’t it? They successfully close one loophole, the rolling 60 day window after a stay, and manage to introduce another, a rolling 74 day window before a stay. But completely randomly!

2 Likes

It’s probably part of an evil psychological experiment designed to foment discord and stress among the guests.
Or maybe just poor IT.
One never knows with Disney!

7 Likes

It’s both!:grin:

2 Likes

I didn’t try a week earlier but I was able to get a couple of fastpasses before 7am. Just for giggles I logged in at 6:30am and got two. But then I couldn’t get anymore until 7. But that enabled me to get Slinky and FOP! Good to know that it’s worth a shot to get some early FPs.

2 Likes

I just helped a friend get their FP. They are on property and under their 60 day window but some of their tickets were employee comps that stated FP booking 7 days out. I tried it anyway once they were linked and was able to make them all. I wouldn’t have thought to look if I hadn’t heard about this glitch.

1 Like

Isn’t that the same thing?

1 Like

Haha, in the end it is!

I am 72 days out and have been trying a couple times a day, no luck yet.

It’s my first time booking fast passes ever (last time I went to WDW was in 1999!) Currently, when I “try” it asks me to select my party, then it stops me and says “Does Everyone Have Tickets?” and wants me to link tickets or remove guest from party. Are you guys saying it skips that page completely when you’re getting in early?

2 Likes

When the window opens, you don’t get that page. So if it opens early, you won’t get it either.

3 Likes

Mine is the same…I’m 68 days out…I guess we aren’t the lucky ones :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Darn! I want some early Pixie Dust!!

2 Likes

This happened to me! I made my May trip reservations at least 70 days prior. I didn’t tell anyone because I thought it was a glitch.

3 Likes

Me too! I guess I will just keep checking.

2 Likes

Yes, as @missoverexcited mentioned, I got no such page. It’s just a normal FP selection process. Although the Fps didn’t show up on my Plans page initially, but I could see them if I clicked through to the FP page.

They did show up the next day, though. Everything looks completely normal.

I have 4 UT and an AP for tickets, all linked. I really didn’t do anything special to get this to work, it just let me do it.

1 Like

Keep trying! Yesterday I was 72 days out. I’d been checking everyday since last week and last night it worked! My first three days were available to book. Then this morning the 4th day was available. I’ll keep looking each morning to hopefully get my last 4 days!

2 Likes

It worked for me! I had to keep going back and forth a lot and I can’t see into June, but it worked!!!

1 Like

OMG!! It worked! I got my first 3 days booked (Today is day 71). Hoping my last 2 days will open up tomorrow! It took forever going back and forth because it’s so glitchy but man it feels good to secure FOP.

6 Likes

whoo hoo. Nobody tell IT about this! :grinning:

2 Likes

So I’m curious because I am an IT person and used to be a programmer…Do you folks getting early Fastpasses have packages through Disney which include tickets? Anybody have other vendor tix like UT? Anyone have split stays? It truly is just curiosity because I analyze software for a living and just want to know.