Bucket Trip UPDATE – Major Pixie Dust Moment

Wow what an update! Glad to read things going well!!

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve been practicing doing this exact thing to maximize our number of phones available. Music training helps with keeping the count going while switching apps…

4 Likes

Since we will be in our hotel in the morning, I plan to have my laptop open with the time so we can use all phones.

2 Likes

Ooh. I could do that with my iPad as long as we can get a signal!

@threeprincessesfourprinces I know that in theory I can practice from home, but I haven’t had the time yet to read up on it. But it’s definitely something I need to do.

1 Like

The thing about staying at the GF, is that since it’s not a place we would normally ever be able to afford, (we are definitely bending our normal budget for things on this trip and I wouldn’t have it any other way) I had never even LOOKED at it or it’s restaurants. I would never have even thought to look at it if not for our Fairy Godmother.

Plus, it’s the only place that would make up for not staying at the Contemporary, which I’ve wanted to do since I saw it when we went when I was a child. A hotel with a monorail going through it!!! :scream: :grin:

5 Likes

See this thread…wise minds are advising us to head for the bus prior to 7 to make the AK bus then bus to Boardwalk approach to HS. So won’t have iPad or computer, although we will have 4-5 phones with our group. Thus the practice shifting apps.

ETA: Well, practice paid off and lesson learned. I had no trouble switching from time.gov to MDE app multiple times, MDE app screen stayed right where I had left it when switching back and forth. Today in practice however when I switched back to MDE app at 5 seconds to go, it put me back at the top of the home page and I had to scroll down again and was too late for BG. Won’t do that anymore.

2 Likes

I loved hearing about your Fairy Godmother.
There are definitely people like that out there, kind of gives me a little faith in humanity.
Can’t wait to see how this trip unfolds!

1 Like

Thanks. Fortunately since we will be staying at the YC and both will have scooters we plan on “driving” ourselves to HS. The only time we will need to rely on busses is from GF to AK. (I hope).

I know we probably won’t fit on FOP though I am going to try the test seat. However, is the “story” in the line worth it even though we probably won’t fit? Also, I saw on a Facebook post where someone just recently couldn’t fit and were given fast passes !!! as compensation. How does that work since they don’t have fast passes anymore? I tried asking the person but never got a reply. Thoughts…

I would not say the story is worth it for the most part. There are a couple of rooms in the standby line that are neat but not worth a 2 hours wait.

1 Like

I also wasn’t sure if you had seen this site:

it’s great for looking up what’s happening at the festival and the menus.

1 Like

They are using the fastpass system for limited purposes like that. They also still have Rider Swap which used to use the FP line. But i think they sometimes have you return to a different location than they used to (my understanding is that portions of the FP queues are sometimes being used for standby).

1 Like

So even the if the story isn’t worth the wait as @gingerSnaps543222 feels, if the line is short enough we might want to do it to get fast passes? Since that is the only way to get one now. Definitely something to consider. :thinking:

1 Like

If you can rope drop but also there aren’t a lot of attractions in AK. You should not have to wait long if you ride Dinosaur, EE and Kilimanjaro Safaris first thing in that order. It used to be EE had a longer line than Dinosaur but i’ve noticed that Dinosaur gets longer nowadays. I think without fastpass EE loads so quickly it really moves the line fast. If you’re wanting to ride Kali River Rapids too I’d do that right when it opens which is usually after the rest of the park. You won’t wait long for A Bug’s Life.

1 Like

ADR day is approaching and I realized I had us going to DS on a Sunday :scream: so have made a few switches to avoid that!! Still tweaking possible ADRs and rankings. Looked yesterday at current longest day out and lots were taken so need to prioritize.

1 Like

I would avoid DS altogether right now :frowning:

Only want to go for homecomin meal if we can get an ADR on one of our rest days. Just didn’t want to invite trouble by having it be a Sunday - was not thinking when I put that together. lol

1 Like

gotcha’ go in and get out plan :wink:

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

Here is the current priority list of ADRs, subject to change at a moments notice. lol

1. BOG 6/8 - Tues - Lunch/11:30 am

2. Narcoossee’s 6/7 - Mon - Dinner (late lunch ok or dinner 6/11)

3. Homecomin 6/3 - Thurs - Anytime (or 6/6 or 6/7)

4. Oga’s 6/5 or 6/1 - any off time

5. 50s PT 6/5 - Sat - Lunch/11:45 am

6. Sci Fi 6/1 - Tues - Dinner

7. Lib. Tree Tav. 6/8 - Tues - Dinner

8. Ale & Comp 6/6 - Sun - Breakfast (late)

9. Ale & Comp 6/2 - Wed - Dinner (late)

10. GFC 6/10 - Thurs - Lunch (or dinner)

11. Cry. Pal. 6/12 - Sat - Dinner (early)

3 Likes