Brexit and WDW

What if it lands bumberside down? (I think you call this “on its edge”.)

1 Like

Only in the South. We Yankees call it a rimshot. Which makes much more sense than your “bumberside” since there is no SIDE to the “edge” of a coin. (Although, there is that old joke: How many sides are there in a circle? Two. The inside and the outside.)

Hmm. This plot sounds familiar. I wonder if I read that book. Or maybe just read something similar.

It probably happens in lots!

The inside / outside thing is much more complicated than you might think. In mathematics the Jordan curve theorem (this time I’m not making things up) is notorious for being “obviously” true but it was fiendishly hard to prove.

Well, you’ve established yourself as untrustworthy, so how I can trust that you aren’t being untrustworthy in your claim that you’re trustworthy? I wouldn’t put it past you to have created the Wikipedia page yourself JUST for this moment, and they rely on your credentials to try to legitimize yourself when you know full well the joke’s on me!

Well, then. The joke’s on YOU, because everyone knows there is no such thing as a Jordan curve theorem!

(Although, it seems Google thinks that there are tons of math sites that talk about the concept. Gotta hand it to you, you sure are thorough in your efforts of untrustworthiness!)

I’m not untrustworthy. I’m hypocritical. But I always admit to my hypocrisy.

Ahem. Exhibit A:

:wink:

Okay. Anyhow. Back to the topic at hand: “Brexit, and its affects on the Disney Dining Plan.”

Isn’t that in an episode of Friends?

I don’t know, I was never that into Friends.

There is time yet. …lots and lots of repeats!

2 Likes

:scream:

1 Like

Lol I know, if there’s ever a moment when both Friends and Big Bang Theory are not being shown I think the universe will implode or something. I’ve seen a lot of episodes, I vaguely remember some of the main storylines. For all I know, the book I read got the idea from Friends. Not that I’ve only read one book.

2 Likes

Definitely a who knows? situation.

Of course, I only keep tabs on the favorability of exchange rates by noting whether my Irish cousins have or haven’t jumped the Atlantic to NYC to come and shop in a particular year.

1 Like

Dude. For sure!

1 Like

I very shamefully have to admit that I don’t fully understand the causes nor the extent nor the implications of Brexit.
But I do understand unfavorable exchange rates. @profmatt, start changing money into USD as much as you can right now for 2019 and 2020, lock that better exchange rate ASAP. And if you don’t, don’t fret amigo. You’re paying 15 pounds more per 100 USD, that’s not that bad. Can you lock in your trip price right now somehow? Pay with credit card and then pay off the card for example?

2 Likes

This happened in “Friends”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f30-eM8w07Q

1 Like

Don’t be ashamed. It is so complicated that unless one is an economist/lawyer/mathematician/has an IQ of Stephen Hawkins etc , it is virtually impossible to fully comprehend and evaluate. How they expected Jo Public to meaningfully participate in a referendum beggars belief. I think it was ‘caused’ by a wave of right wing nationalism, a fear of immigration, resentment that Europe has too much control over UK laws and concerns that we were spending too much, bailing out coutries like Greece. Wales gained enourmously from financial aid from the EU and yet people here voted to leave. It makes no sense but it has to reach a conclusion soon, because the uncertainty is so damaging.

4 Likes

I’m a Yankee and I know only two meanings for rimshot one is played on a drum set. The other is well this is a family forum so we will leave it at that.

3 Likes

Yes it was on friends.

1 Like