Breaks during the day - needed?

We take breaks. Not every single day, but the vast majority of them. DD5 wants to spend time in the pool during the hottest part of the day, and DH likes to have a rest for an hour or so. I’ve never felt that this was a waste of time - for us vacations are about spending time together as a family, and relaxing away from the everyday pressures of work etc. I’ll admit that my views are very much affected by the fact we go to WDW 2-3 times a year for two weeks at a time, so we have zero need to rush around and try to see or do “everything”. I might feel differently if we did a short trip every few years (but I’m pretty sure DH and DD wouldn’t). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not being abrasive although I am getting annoyed at the amount of people who keep trying to put me in my place. The topic of this post and what the original poster was asking is are breaks “needed”. The answer to that is no. Breaks are not “needed”. Breaks can be beneficial for some in certain situations, but they are not “needed”. I gave my opinion on the matter for my vacation situation to which a couple of posts criticized me and even my parenting skills. I’ve simply been rebutting posts that have taken what I’ve said out of context or just cherry-picked a certain sentence or two of mine and twisted it around to suit their counter argument. I said from the very beginning that it’s all how you plan it. I never said my way was the only way and that everyone else was wrong. I said it’s all how you plan it. Just as you took something I said and changed it to suit your statement. Yes, part of Touring Plans is to minimize waits in lines for rides, but Touring Plans as a whole is so much more. It helps you with dining. It helps you with room reservations. It helps you with picking the right room. It helps you by connecting you with other people on these forums. It helps you plan each day of your vacation which does include minimizing wait times. It seemed to me you were trying to negate my view of Touring Plans with yours when, in fact, your view of Touring Plans supplements my view.

I think you have misconstrued this whole thread and definitely the responses to your posts. I’m sorry you have felt put in your place.

Have a magical day!

7 Likes