Breaking news masks

Here! Anyone need a respite?

Doggie daycare, dog boarding and grooming (alwaysunleashed.com)

2 Likes

This is amazing news! Masks outdoors is when they are the most miserable. Heat, humidity, power-walking.

As a pale, almost sun-phobic redhead, I wouldn’t mind returning while outside to what I used at Six Flags in July. A veil made of SPF-50 swimsuit fabric. It solved the balancing act of avoiding chemicals and sunburn.

4 Likes

Me too! We leave in a week for what will be our 5th visit during the pandemic and I am definitely in the “thrilled to not wear a mask outside” category. What I missed most during the previous 4 trips was being able to sip my coffee while strolling. (And not being able to let the kids snack in the stroller while on the move)

8 Likes

Me too! On this last trip it was a massive bummer, and an energy drag, to go without caffeine until I reached a point in my plan when I could/wanted to stop to drink. Rope Drop without coffee was not my cup of … coffee :laughing: but I did it because there wasn’t another choice. I prefer to make a cup in room and take it with me, going for round two at one of the “notStarbucks” locations in park around mid morning.

9 Likes

Jinx. Pinch poke owe me a coffee

1 Like

Lessee…what else can I speak into existence?

“Everyone gets a million dollars!”

Ok everyone. just sit back and let the money roll in. Should happen any minute now based on the past 24 hours.

Yup, any minute

…annnny minute.

17 Likes

Jinx is my cat. She is not good about making coffee. I’ve tried to train her. She keeps talking about no thumbs. Whatever, kitten. Get on it.

5 Likes

Tusker please. In time for my birthday.

Go ahead and do Boma for you too.

9 Likes

Oh heck yeah.

A-a-a-hem

“Look, all I wanna do is go back and eat at Boma and tusker house, is that too much to ask?”

Might as well put it in your Itineraries now, folks.

10 Likes

Can you squeeze Flying Fish in there?

5 Likes

Not Jiko???

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I thought that was already on the docket to be opened here in a few weeks?

But sure.

“Look, all I wanna do is go eat at flying fish for the first time. Is that too much to ask?”

(Vote Randall 2021)

6 Likes

I’m here now. Offering my experience at HS so far.

No temp checks
Masks not needed in outdoor extended queues. Being enforced at the entrance.

8 Likes

Interesting! DFB is reporting:

We spoke with a Cast Member who let us know the policy, as they understood it, is that **masks are not required and guests can eat and drink in line only while in overflow lines but NOT the “real” lines** (so basically the long distanced lines extending PAST the real lines are OK). Once guests enter the ACTUAL line (so once you go under the gates at Haunted Mansion or once you get in the real line at the front of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train where a Cast Member greets you, for instance, masks need to be used and eating and drinking must stop).
8 Likes

This and what @BoilerMomPharmD has just reported are how I understood it and what I expected it to be. If you’re outside, you’re outside, queue or not. If you’re at a ride entrance you are entering an attraction period.

I just hope people aren’t dicks to the CMs about it. I do think their jobs just got a little tougher.

12 Likes

This was the worst part. I can shove a pretzel down my throat is 1 min flat so I can get going but impatiently watching my children take 30 mins to finish a small snack so we could get in a line while I watched the wait times tick up drove me absolutley crazy! Now…you want a pretzel sure but you better eat and walk child…eat and walk!

9 Likes

I’n actually wondering if their job might be a little easier? Folks might be willing to follow the attraction line/indoor rules knowing they can take masks off outside. Of course there will always be asshats but it might not be as bad as people are thinking it will be.

1 Like

I suppose it could go either/both ways

1 Like

@mathhound just taught us that sometimes the M in masses is silent… so let’s see how the masses behave in the parks :thinking:

10 Likes

So far everyone I’ve seen has been fine.

And just to clarify, it’s the standard entrance where masks are enforced. So for example, I’m in line for ToT. Masks were not enforced until the regular/old FP entrance. Part of this queue is outdoors, but masks are needed.

CMs seem to be doing an excellent job this far.

9 Likes