Breakfeast/Lunch Overalap at Hollywood and Vine

I’m excited to hear if it works. My fingers are crossed for you (and me a little too Hahaha). My daughter is old enough to understand too, but likely wouldn’t have been when much younger. You are correct about the bathrooms - I believe I remember that too.

We have reservation for 8/27 so we will see what happens. The mouse always wins so if they don’t want guests to do what I am planning they have devised a way to prevent it. I know they don’t care about guests eating from the breakfast and lunch buffets be because have read numerous reports of this being done without a problem.

It also occurred to me that it may be 20 to 30 minutes before the characters start coming. So if lunch starts at 11:20 characters may not arrive until 20-30 minutes after that. Then if it takes 30-45 minutes to complete the rotation that would be too long of a wait. I have allotted 1.5 hours for each in park meal so after that we will be leaving. So we will see.

Thanks for all of your comments. I will report back in September about what happened.

1 Like

It worked for us in May last year. Can’t comment on whether that’s still the case, but I’m not aware of anything changing.

So just to be sure I understand. In May last year you saw both sets of characters (Disney Jr and Minnie/Mickey Mouse)? What time was your reservation? Thanks!

Correct. We had the latest possible breakfast ADR time (10:20).

2 Likes

I hope we get this lucky! We have a 10:10 ressie on July 12th!

Thanks!! We have a 10:15 ADR, so I am super excited. Do you think it matters where in the restaurant we sit if we want to experience both sets of characters? How long did it take for the 2nd set of characters to get to you?

Beautiful family picture in your profile!! Please be sure to come back and let us know how it went during your July visit. Have a wonderful trip!

2 Likes

Definitely interested to know the results of this. I’d pick Mickey over Disney Jr. but if there’s a way to do both…that could be awesome.

Thank you! I will report back!

One more question. About how much time would you alot for seeing both sets of characters. I am hoping to make a fastpass reservation for Slinky Dog Dash from 12 to 1. Given our 10:15 reservation would that be enough time to see the 2nd set of characters and make it to Toy Story land or do I need to push that fastpass to 12:30 or 1. Thanks again for your first hand experience!

We had a 10:15 reservation at H&V last November and only were able to see one set of characters, although we did experience a change over to some of the lunch foods. We left the restaurant around 11:45ish if I remember correctly. We were seated in the corner by the window, so it’s possible they were starting on the other side. Although I don’t even remember seeing them making rotations when we left (but I wasn’t on the lookout either).

Thank you. From the picture on the Disney website. I t looks like there is one section of tables over by the windows that would be out of the way. I will request not to be seated in that section. From what you can remember was there only one section tucked in the corner by the windows? Do you happen to remember if there were many guests sitting in that section near the windows when you left the restaurant?

I hope you are enjoying your trip. Dont forget to let us know how it went at Holywood and Vine.

Updating this thread to see if anyone can report and recent experience with seeing both sets of characters (Ds JR and Mickey/Minne) when having a late breakfeast at Holwood and Vine.

Hello nicolemariesmail,

I hope you had a nice vacation. Did you go to Hollywood and Vine on July 12th? can you tell us about your experience. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

BUMP. I’m curious too. I’m planning on doing RD for TS Land and then a ~10:15 breakfast to catch the Disney Jr characters. Catching the Fab 5 characters would be a bonus.

It’s not the Fab 5 because Pluto’s not there, Daisy is. I got in big trouble saying it was the Fab 5 once!

2 Likes