Breakfast Buffets: Plaza Inn or Storytellers Cafe?

Have you eaten at Plaza Inn in DL park? I have a reservation, but after watching a few YouTube videos, I am having second thoughts. Would Storytellers Cafe be a better meal? Our group will be 3 adults, so better food would be our preference over more characters.

1 Like

I went to Plaza Inn twice for breakfast last fall but I’ve never been to Storytellers for breakfast. So, I can’t compare.

The selection is smaller, compared to other breakfast buffets. I’m an omelette and bacon girl at breakfast buffets. I eat a whole plate of bacon at buffets and they better not be soggy! :yum: Milk, tea, fruit, and a Mickey waffle rounded out my breakfast at Plaza Inn. What I had was plentiful and good.

The downside of having breakfast at Plaza Inn is that it cuts into park time. Next time, I will go to Storyteller Inn on maybe my departure day.

3 Likes

I can’t compare the two but just wanted to say I really like the number and variety of characters at Plaza Inn.

2 Likes

I have considered just eating quick service that day to make the morning more productive in terms of attractions/LLs. Waiting for my dates to be added to the Disneyland calendar, but with Early Entry at 7:30, am I going to want to check in for a 10:10 breakfast? Storytellers I could book around noon when the park will likely be busier.

1 Like

I did brunch at Storytellers last Feb and really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Does Storytellers still serve breakfast at noon?

1 Like

If it’s a Saturday or Sunday they have brunch. Not positive on other days.

1 Like

On a weekend, I may not want to do breakfast around 10 because it would still be prime ride time. Maybe the last breakfast slot. But this depends on what the OP wants.

1 Like

The food was good not great at plaza inn but it worked great as a character meal. We got to see 8 different characters and 4 of them twice. And we were there for the characters so we thought it was worth it.

1 Like

I have not had Plaza Inn breakfast but Storyteller’s is really good. The ambiance is so nice, and the characters give you plenty of time to interact. More spacious feel for sure.

This is a good point - I would do Plaza Inn if you have to do it on a park day so you don’t have to leave the park, but I would do Storytellers if you can do it on a non-park day. I wouldn’t leave the park to go to Storytellers.

2 Likes

Brunch. I believe that there is brunch every day. $2 more than breakfast with some additional food items.

Even on a week day, I am concerned that our 10:10 breakfast at Plaza Inn is not ideal.

We are staying at Grand Californian, so a brunch at 12 or 12:30 since we will have entered the park with early entry at 7:30 might be a good break. We could drop off purchases, change clothes if it has really warmed up, take a short break.

We are trying Goofy’s Kitchen on our departure day. Maybe I should switch to Storytellers? We have never done Goofy’s Kitchen.

2 Likes

I like Storytellers a lot more than the Plaza. A lot more variety, better food choices in my opinion.
Goofy’s is just okay for us. Storytellers will always get my vote over the others.

2 Likes

Good call. Especially if this is a DCA day? It would work for DL, too.

I’ve never tried Goofy’s Kitchen. I almost did last time but I had heard it wasn’t as good as Storytellers.

1 Like

It would be a DL morning, but most likely hopping to DCA in the afternoon.

1 Like

We did brunch at Storytellers last trip. Food was very good.

Maybe I will change our departure day to Storytellers instead of Goofy’s? We could just do quick service instead of Plaza Inn on the DL morning.

2 Likes

We love both. The food at Plaza is solid, simple and plentiful. They have a made to order omelets, a station where the CMs will plate you up with bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, eggs, biscuits & gravy and then a Mickey waffle and french toast station also plated up by a CM. Then you self-serve all the fruits, pastries & desserts & beverages. The desserts are very cafeteria but the rest of the food while simple is all good. But you are there for the characters really. We have never had one dud character there and you get at least 8. They are playful & attentive & our last trip for Christmas any Mickey & friends characters were in holiday sweaters that were different than their Christmas attire in the park so it was a totally unique to Plaza Inn character. And they can have some more rare characters there my favorites being Max and Fairy Godmother. And I’ve never regretted using a 10am slot to stop and eat & enjoy characters.

Grand Californian has far fewer characters and it’s always the same set of Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale and we’ve never gotten all of them at once. They are in adorable unique camping outfits and they usually very attentive as well and some of them are as playful as we’ve seen at Plaza. But what you are there for is the food & service. Drinks are brought to you (as opposed to Plaza where it’s self-serve). The buffet also has a made to order omelets station and a prime rib & ham carving station (this might be just the brunch specifically) and then the rest of the items are self-serve and the options are more diverse & higher quality than Plaza. One of my favorites there is the chilaquiles and my husband LOVES the smoked salmon/capers/dill. They’ve also done a breakfast curry dish that we really enjoyed. And they have the same Mickey waffles and standard bfast items (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns) as Plaza.

They are both great & you can’t go wrong with either, but if it’s the food you want then I’d go for Storytellers. However, I would pick Plaza Inn over Goofy’s. Goofy’s is great and we have had some amazing character interactions there but the characters there are the same as Storytellers with Goofy instead of Mickey & chef outfits instead of camping outfits. And then everything else about Goofy’s is a step down from Storyteller’s. The decor/atmosphere is very dated & so much of the lighting in the place is dim and the good food things about Goofy’s are all identical to the good things about Storytellers (made to order omelets & smoked salmon) with the only unique food being that they have a very large dessert & kid/kid at heart selection (PB&J pizza for example).

4 Likes

We really enjoyed Goofy’s in past years. But we went in late 2021 for brunch (which is similar to breakfast) and the food was meh. I don’t think they had an omelette station and the bacon was soggy. Minnie is the dessert chef there but she really needs more baking lessons! The best part of brunch were the fresh salads, fresh fruit, and the lox!

1 Like

I cancelled the ADR for Plaza Inn and booked brunch at Storytellers.

Right now, we have Goofy’s Kitchen for our departure day. Debating about changing it to breakfast at Storytellers.

1 Like