Breakfast and EA

So with EA being a run into the farthest end of the parks to hit WWHP, is the best bet holding off on breakfast until park opens and then going to either Leaky Cauldron (if it’s USF) or… Cinnabon/starbucks (if it’s IOA)?

Breakfast options seem a little meagre at UOR.
(I haven’t been to UOR since the Hard Rock was guitar-shaped).

1 Like

There’s always VooDoo Donuts!

2 Likes

Hmmm looks like a pretty short jaunt (especially since all the options at IOA seem to be at Port of Entry anyway)

Or :thinking: we could Voodoo the evening before and then bring them in for breakfast…

2 Likes

Unless you are coming directly from one of the hotels, via the boats, you pretty much have to walk through CityWalk to get into the parks.

I will say… they are good, but maybe a bit over hyped. (They’re good quality, but I’ve had better. They just have “unique” flavors and dump candy / cereal on them for flare)

Breakfast sandwiches at Cinnabon are SO good.

true but I was worried about detouring to hit VD disrupting our dash for EA

We have done a combination - 7am breakfast buffet for 8am open, buying doughnuts the night before - I didn’t think they were the best I’d ever had but very good, getting something from the grab and go, and late breakfast at Leaky Cauldron. It just depends what fits with your plans. I did love breakfast at The Kitchen at HRH, I will definitely do that again.

4 Likes

Have a small snack for breakfast in the hotel room then have an early lunch.

2 Likes

This is what we do. I pack some granola bars, we pick up a few bananas or get a few muffins or doughnuts the night before so we can have a quick in-room (or walk to the parks) breakfast. We get up so early that we are ready for lunch by 11.

1 Like

USF, San Francisco Pastry Company, has some good looking breakfast sandwiches. That isn’t far outside HP area.

I think Today Cafe had some good looking things, but that is closer to the entrance.

1 Like

Problem with buying donuts the night before is that they wouldn’t be fresh. But, I guess with VooDoo you are unlikely to get fresh donuts anyway.

1 Like

Just FYI, the breakfast at Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks was only open to vacation package purchasers and by reservation. So I think even those staying onsite cannot have breakfast there if they didn’t purchase a package with dining. That may change, but that’s my boots on the ground reporting from last week.

4 Likes

That sucks.
Their online menus list breakfast with no mention of a package.

ETA: Since we’re looking at going next May., I’ll just add this to that ever-growing list of “oh well, maybe that will change by the time we go.”

3 Likes

Yes, I was taken in by that too. But when we tried to enter Leady Cauldron, we were turned away. No reservation. I asked how we could book a reservation and was told it had to be part of a package. I noticed on the UOR app that you cannot mobile order ahead of time for breakfast. It’s grayed out. I was so disappointed.

2 Likes

It’s a real leak in your cauldron, that’s fer sure

5 Likes

We ate at The Kitchen this morning. :yum:

1 Like

I thought so.

1 Like

Are they doing a family style instead of buffet or just off the menu orders?

1 Like

The have a menu as a family style option. They also have a bottomless mimosas option.

3 Likes

Did you have to make a reservation? Or walk up?