Bounding limits - when is it a costume?

Where is the line drawn between bounding and costuming? On a regular park day, can I wear a wig in a character’s hairstyle and a typical person’s top and cardigan in the character’s color?

The clothes, definitely. I don’t remember ever seeing anyone mention a wig so I’m not sure about that. You still would be clearly not the character, so I’m leaning towards it would be fine. But that’s only a guess.

2 Likes

Maybe it depends on the wig. Something that is clearly from a character like a fancy up-do might be questionable.

ie: Probably yes:

or

Probbaly no:

or

1 Like

Thanks. I guess I should be prepared to change out of anything a cast member objects to. Would I have to leave the park or could I go change in a restroom?

You’d only need to take off the wig, I can’t imagine they’d make you leave the park.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t. It’s likely to be seen as a step too far towards trying to look like a character. Not to mention the fact that wigs are incredibly uncomfortable in hot weather… :rofl:

4 Likes

I think that’s why nobody has ever mentioned it!

2 Likes

Yes, but in winter weather a wig can substitute for a hat.

Would someone possibly mistake you for the character, or would they know you were “inspired” by the character? I think that is the key. Not whether you have a wig or not! Many different cultures wear wings often, no way Disney would have a “no wig” rule.

2 Likes

I would think the would be an issue if it was clearly a costume wig… since we aren’t allowed to wear costumes. However, if it was a better quality wig and one of a more typical hairstyle and - ex red head Ariel, maybe not Anna’s white streak - I think they’d have a harder time doing anything about it because it could just be your normal style for the day. Lots of women wear wigs - yours could just happen to be on theme :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I stumbled across a video on bounding and discovered @disneylandmermaid"s instagram. I love her creativity. She takes the chatacter look pretty far, but it us still clear she isn’t the chatacter:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV8DAcYF1wy/?igshid=1bgou43bc7iv

I don’t think they would let her actually wear this one in the park, but I love it, so had to share :slight_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxDVs5rJ11c/?igshid=lzge99eq58s

2 Likes