Boulder Ridge Studios & Sleeping 5

My family and I are renting DVC points for the first time for a stay in August. We are a family of 5- my oldest DD will be 18, DS 13, and youngest DD will be 10. My girls have always slept together and we plan on them sharing the pull out sofa and I had planned on my son sleeping on the pull down bed. Now I’m wondering if he will fit as he is growing like a weed!

He’s 5’3 now and I swear he’s growing an inch or more a month! When we last stayed at CBR it was a couple years ago and he and his little sister slept fine on the murphy bed there but I’m hoping the murphy in the studio is better suited to his current height. One of the reasons we haven’t stayed at the moderates again is because at CBR I knew he wouldn’t fit in the murphy bed much longer and didn’t want to chance it.

Should I bring a twin air mattress and bedding to be safe? Will that even fit in the studio space? I spoke with the DVR rental store and she had initially tried booking me in CC but I told her I didn’t think that was even allowed. She later confirmed I was correct and apologized so I’m asking you pros out there for your firsthand experience because I’m not so sure my agent is as knowledgable! TIA!!!

I know nothing about DVC but I do know a lot about 13 year old boys (raised 4 of my own). My oldest grew 7” that year and went up 5 full sizes in shoes in six months. I don’t think your worries about DS being too tall for the bed by August are unreasonable. :grin:

1 Like

We stayed in one. Queen bed, double pull out sofa, drop down bed is maybe almost a twin. If driving bring the sir mattress.

1 Like

YES! That’s what I’m experiencing right now! Bought him running shoes in July and two months later he said his feet were hurting. I bought him some great Asics running shoes and thought they could not possibly be too small that fast. Boy was I wrong!! His toes were bursting through the ends, poor kid! So I said we’re shopping at Target for shoes until you slow down on your growing! :joy:

Thank you! So we are driving down from ATL so that’s what I thought may be the easiest plan. Do you think a twin air mattress will fit in the space at the foot of the queen bed and TV/dresser?

1 Like

My DS15 slept on the pull down bed at BCV when he was 13 and about 5 foot 5 without issue. He is now 5 ft 9 and I hope he still fits as we are staying at BWV for spring break. If not my older but shorter daughter will have to trade him beds. I could have easily slept on it and I am 5 ft 6.

1 Like

You may be able to put it on the fold down bed. Call WL and ask for the measurements of the fold down. There were only three of us and there is only one chest of drawers.

1 Like

Thanks so much! Having some real experiences helps me to understand what he will be sleeping on alot better than me measuring out the length and width with tape on the ground and having my son get in that box to see. And yes, I really did make him do that! :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you! I was going to call because I was nervous about it. I’ll do that soon and go from there.

1 Like