Borrowing is back!

It further occurs to me that there is very little left of Hollywood Studios that justifies the “studios” name. Citizens of Hollywood was something that at least justified the name. If they are going to eliminate it, then they need rename the park (again). Hollywood Studios no longer applies.

1 Like

You should see what’s out there. There’s not just people in furry costumes. There are other full-on performances that happen. I’m thinking in particular of people from ?The Adventurers Club, as well as some Polynesian drummers and dancers. Gospel singers too. Lots of one-offs.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean by keeping a trained performer on stand-by?

1 Like

That conversation happened a couple/few years back IIRC. And no name change ever came. Maybe someday because it’s true it’s not quite what it was originally.

2 Likes

At this point I don’t think they’ll ever change the name. It is what it is. The definition of “Hollywood Studios” is the theme park located just southwest of Epcot. Just like Epcot isn’t really an experimental prototype community of tomorrow and California Adventure has much less to do with California than it originally did.

1 Like

I think it will be added to the existing PVB for a number of reasons including fixing the room mix for that DVC resort. But the number one reason I think this is it will mean selling 42 year contracts vs 50 year with a new association. Much quicker ROI that way.

Also, DVD has not been taking PVB contracts in ROFR for months now, which is what they do for actively selling resorts, no ROFR on resale contracts being sold. You can get some good deals right now on POLY contracts since you can negotiate without fear of ROFR and there are many contracts for sale right now.

2 Likes

They were re-hired for that one day. They haven’t been offered other roles elsewhere, I guess because they were Equity.

The woman who played Evie Starlight is now the Captain at the Galactic StarCruiser. She had to open audition for that role like everyone else.

They were one of the best things about DHS, so much fun to watch. It’s so sad.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

Disney haven’t kept them “on stand-by”. They were all Equity and their contracts were ended.

1 Like

I hadn’t been watching this closely so that is good to know.

Before the Poly announcement I was considering buying some direct points as my original contract is resale. That way I could use them at new builds. Looking around, Poly was the resort where I really wanted to own, but the direct prices are out of control. So when the announcement came, I thought the new build incentives would be a great opportunity to buy in there at a lower price. So we will see!

2 Likes

Me too.

3 Likes