Borrowing is back!

Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

At Disney Vacation Club® , we know that flexibility is top of mind when it comes to planning your vacations with us. From accommodation types and length of stay to planning for multiple trips per year, we know you appreciate a variety of options.

With that in mind, our team is pleased to share that you are once again able to borrow your full allotment of Vacation Points from your next Use Year to this Use Year.

6 Likes

Hahaha. Just came to post! Too late gor my stay in 9 days (but that worked out anyway thanks to this forum). Now I have enough pointa to plot my GCV stay for next year!

3 Likes

I have borrowed one teeny tiny point and it’s bothering me. I never want to borrow my whole allotment. But it’s good to know I can if I ever want to.

6 Likes

I prefer to borrow so I am never worried about banking windows or “stale” points. I had 10 points that were banked and about to expire and that resulted in quite the expensive adults only trip last December!!

I’m still so thankful that DVC considers half of 25 to be 13 so I’m good for now!

3 Likes

ugh, now the age old question: more time at a less-desired resort…or shorter time but BLT Theme Park View/Poly Lake Front

I need more points.

11 Likes

I am hoping to purchase the new Poly, so I know I will have “fresh” points coming down the road. Then I am hoping to even out and have enough points to not have to barrow often.

3 Likes

I’m not sure whether to waitlist another night at Bay Lake.

It would mean shortening the OKW package stay and a) I don’t think I can face trying to get through to WDTC on the phone and b) not sure if a modification would mean we’d lose Genie+. i think it’s meant to be OK but not confident about it. It would be just typical of them to renege on their position.

I think I’ll leave it. I can always rent them out if we won’t be able to use them.

1 Like

Here’s your answer. More points, longer stay at more desired resort. Tah dah!

1 Like

I am very anxious to see what that looks like.

1 Like

I will be so bummed if it is a new condo association.

1 Like

I think this was answered before but I can’t find it: If I do direct-addon points to a resale contract, that doesn’t give the original resale-points “direct-sale” benefits, right?

Meaning I still can’t use those points to book Riveria

Correct.
You could use the new direct points to book at Riv but your old points you’d be restricted from doing that.

Incentives are really good right now for VGF, from the sound of it

3 Likes

I think we had established that you could call to borrow your full points, but nice to know it is official! Was it Len who said that they are trying to get everything back to “normal” by October 1st?

1 Like

AP sales too? That would be a popular move.

But frankly if they can’t sort out their recruitment problem there’s no chance they can have everything back to normal by then. And before then there’s the inevitable further cuts in September. From what I hear CoH won’t be returning, for example.

2 Likes

?

Citizens of Hollywood.

1 Like

But they’ve been apart of the Run Disney stuff lately? Why would they completely scuttle them if they bring them out for the Run Disney?

1 Like

I hope that isn’t true. I actually wanted to make taking time to “watch” the Citizens of Hollywood during our 2020 trip…but obviously that wasn’t going to happen. But I remember during a previous trip that some of the limited interaction I DID see happen was one of my most memorable moments in HS. I wanted to focus on that more. It is an example of what sets Disney apart from just being a place to experience rides/shows. It was part of the magic.

2 Likes

RunDisney brings out a whole BUNCH of randoms that are not full time anywhere. So to keep them there and eliminate them overall is (unfortunately) consistent with other rare characters you meet out there on the courses.

1 Like

But there’s a big difference between a rando-CM in a fur costume waving and a Citizen of Hollywood doing antics. Seems like that’d be keeping a trained performer on stand by needlessly and wouldn’t be cost effective.

1 Like