Booking DL Hotel Tower

Just curious if anyone else is hoping to book the new DL tower on points when it opens to all DVC owners. I have it on my calendar! I just wish we could see the booking calendar, but I guess we won’t get that until July 27. I’m really hoping we can make something work. I have a few potential dates in mind, but we’re not at the 7 month mark for all of them yet.

3 Likes

I have no plans to book there, but I’m curious to see how it works out for you! Keep us posted.

2 Likes

Last week I bought a contract at the Disneyland Hotel and booked a trip in November. The available 2br villas were few and far between, but they seemed to have plenty of studios available. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

That’s good news! I’m hoping to get a Duo Studio or a regular Studio for January 30 - February 1. Crossing my fingers! I have a couple of back-up dates if that doesn’t work. We just want to try it at least once. I have been considering buying some points there, but decided to wait on it.

3 Likes

I did, too but they are so expensive and if I’m going to stay onsite I’d prefer to stay at GCH. Now that we have 6 it’s super expensive for us to stay onsite so we’re probably stuck on Harbor for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

I kind of feel the same way - that I prefer GCH. But those points are so much more expensive resale than DLH is direct!

I’m also trying to book a couple of nights at GCH in a studio. That’s tough when you don’t have 11 month booking privileges. But I think we can do it. I just want to take one or both daughters to stay there. I’ve stayed twice but not with them. I need to find out if I can get DLH first, and then put in some waitlist requests as well as my obsessive checking of the site.

2 Likes

I’m resigned to only doing cash rooms at GCH, which is just as well because my DL trips are usually thrown together a few months in advance max.

1 Like

I managed to get 3 nights at VGC right at 7 months. It may have been because it was the most expensive week? But I felt like I had won the lottery!

3 Likes

I know the feeling! I go in and check almost everyday. If we could be a little more flexible, we would have something booked already. But DD20’s college schedule is pretty specific. We have this small window at the end of January, spring break (not going to even try it), end of May/beginning of June, and mid-August. We’re trying to both use our Magic Keys and book on points. :joy:

2 Likes

I definitely prefer WDW over DLR, but my adult kids prefer the trip to CA over FL (coming from AZ). I was trying to plan a trip for all of us in November, and I had planned on paying for everyone’s hotel rooms, but if we wanted to stay close enough to walk, it was looking like $5-6k just for the one trip. By the time I do that for a few years, I should’ve just bought the points. Seemed like a no-brainer at that point. And judging by the cost of the GCH, the value of my points should stay consistent if I ever want to sell. (Yeah, I know about the restrictions on the resale market, but people don’t buy CA points to use them at other resorts…)

Have you guys heard the speculation about the huge DLR construction? If that ends up going through, it’s likely that VDH will have a direct entrance into the park.

3 Likes

I have not heard this exactly, other than the rumors about the Forward project. How would they get an entrance all the way over there?

There are rumors about a pretty large overhaul…tearing out the parking structure and more, then wrapping the park around the Disneyland Hotel. I heard about it on a podcast… maybe “My DVC Points Podcast.” They didn’t mention where guests would park after that…

1 Like

I can’t imagine them expanding in that direction. The parking structures were a huge investment and they need the parking capacity – they would just need to reconstruct them somewhere else. Better to expand in a different direction, even the surface lots near DLH. Just my opinion. Who knows.

I heard that podcast on My DVC Points. It’s interesting to speculate, but I wonder if it will actually happen. I was thinking it might be a third gate rather than an extension to DL, but I could be misremembering. Jeff, it is the Disneyland Forward stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was my thought exactly. Doesn’t seem like it was that long ago that they were building that parking structure.

1 Like

I did find this rumor. I was mistaken when I reported that Disneyland would wrap around the hotel… you were right about the 3rd gate rumor. And it doesn’t say anything about knocking down the current parking garage.

Here’s the website:

You have to scroll way down to find the section that talks about this rumor.

• Third Theme Park: Although the initial description simply mentioned attraction expansions for the Disneyland Resort theme parks, Disney has told local residents it is working with local community groups, businesses, and the city on a framework for building a 3rd theme park on the land that runs on the far west end of the resort, surrounding the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel. Unlike the previously canceled hotel and parking structure projects, Disney is spending a significant amount of time and money to build community support for this project.

Also this diagram is kinda cool. It does indicate expansions of the two existing parks rather than a third, new gate.

2 Likes

Ok this I remember. I think expanding south from Pixar Place Hotel (or whatever it’s called now?) makes more sense than going north. Not sure how much they can squeeze in there, but it’s something.

1 Like

I never thought of that. I hope that construction happens one day. Wakanda! :heart_eyes:

1 Like