BOG breakfast on an EMM day

I’m planning to do an 8am BOG breakfast on a Tuesday in August (9am regular open), but I’m not sure what will happen if this ends up being an EMM day. Do you still get the benefit of pre-9am access to 7DMT? If EMM people are already on 7DMT what kind of a line would that result in if we arrived there by 8:30 or 8:45am?

You’ll be held in a queue until 9am. But you’ll still get on before the rope drop crowd. By 9am, most of the EMM people will be pretty much finished in NFL and ready to move on to another land or breakfast.

1 Like

I’ve got the same situation. If I get in the queue to ride 7DMT before the rope drop crowd, how busy will peter pans flight be after? Any idea?

1 Like

That’s my plan in March i’ll Let you know how it goes!!!

2 Likes

We did this last year in June. Our BOG PPO ADR was for a day where EMM was added. They will queue you up for either 7DMT or PPF in a line just outside the ride queue. We chose 7DMT and the line for PPO ADR people was at a trash can around the corner from the ride entrance. About 15 min before RD, they moved our line into the regular line queue (the EMM people were using the FPP line). We got one ride in before RD. As we exited the ride, we could see the hoards of people rounding the corners to get in line. I’m sure we could have rushed over to PPF and jumped right in along with the front of the RD crowd, but we had other plans so didn’t.

5 Likes

This is good information. It seems that the pre-9am BOG reservation is still worth the effort in this scenario.
Thanks

1 Like

Yes please do report back! And have an amazing time on your trip obviously :grin:

1 Like

Any more feedback on this topic? I’m in the same situation but now I fell a bit less stress that the BOG breakfast reservation is still a good choice.

it worked great for us! we had 8:05 reservations, enjoyed the castle, left at 8:45 got right into the regular standby queue, and they let us ride at exactly 9am. we were probably 30 people back. the line when we got off was already out of the queue and into the walkway. For us it was a great way to save the FP for other things. If you are ok just riding once, want to avoid the RD crowd, or possibly get ahead in a different line I would recommend it! We also only ordered a cupcake was it was a nice head-start for $5.

2 Likes

I so pleased you had a good time :smiley: We have a FPP for 7DMT so we might head to PPF first and then to HM. So excited now!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. After riding 7DMT do you think is easy to get to PPF or you recommend a FP for that one?

1 Like

On an EMM day, the line for PP would build quickly if you rode 7dmt first. It could be over 30 minutes before you got there.

If possible, get an FP for one of those two rides.

On a non EMM day, you are often allowed to ride 7dmt before the official rope drop, so you can still be ahead of the rope drop crowd at PP. Best not to bank on that though, as sometimes either a late opening of 7dmt or just CMs sticking to the clock means you don’t actually get to ride before 9am, even if you’re at the front of the line.

2 Likes

We didn’t try we had a 9:30 FP for PPF with a 9am park opening we did Under the sea in between and got to PPF right at 9:30. There was no line for Under the Sea. We did IASW right after PPF and waited maybe 5 minutes in the standby line (posted was 15). Then did BTMR FP at 10:30, modified Splash to go at 11, and got HM at 11:30. Then caught the Muppets at 12. We were walking very slowly due to mobility issues so for us all the timing was perfect!!!

2 Likes