Bob Iger emailed me!

I wish they’d allow non US fans to join D23.

DS wanted it for his birthday but it won’t allow me to buy it for him. You need a US address. :frowning:

2 Likes

I have the basic D23, and Bob didn’t email me. I’m sad :anguished:

3 Likes

Why should I be mad? I think I missed something.

1 Like

Because we are not the superfans who deserve a letter from Iger

(for reference I have both resale and direct contracts)

2 Likes

I get this…but I can’t help but think that Iger is doing a bit of damage control after the abysmal showing at D23 this year where no one seemed happy with what Disney had to show. In which case, just targeting D23 fans makes sense…for now.

3 Likes

I have a Magic Key, own DVC (some direct but not enough for benefits), and used to be a D23 member. Maybe I still have “free” basic D23 membership? I do still get emails. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m not mad as much as “eh, another way that being a DVC member doesn’t mean squat”.

4 Likes

ooohh ok. I was thinking you meant if I was a DVC member and I got the email I should be mad. But it’s because I didn’t get the email as a DVC member that I’m mad. got it.

that’s putting it nicely. It was a shit show. So much so that when I mentioned it was at WDW this coming year and DH and I are planning a Sept trip, he specifically said we should avoid that weekend. He has no desire to sit in a room for hours on end to hear a 3 minute non-announcement

Acknowledgement that I exist and some show of thanks would be fantastic. If I receive either it’s a happy surprise. I’m not a DVC member for them. I’m one for me and my family. My expectations from a corporate company are low. They provide me what I’m looking for and I pay them for it. That being said, I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for a Moonlight Magic announcement.

3 Likes

So he assumes that D23 members don’t talk to each other? He assumes the DVC set will never know that - even if for now - they have been snubbed (again?). Honestly if I get an email from him now it will feel like - oops we forgot about those people and they are pissed - send one to them too

2 Likes

Not to brag, but I’ve received TWO of the same email from my BFF Bob.

9 Likes

Ooohhh! The plot thickens!

2 Likes

Or destinationD last year-
Remember the big rumor that Chapek was afraid to show up and sent JoshD in his place…JoshD than made promises the company didn’t fulfill…First thing he said was dinning plan retuning in 2022 - 10 days and counting, Hey Disney in rooms early 2022 and each attendee would receive one ect…

1 Like

Ok shut up

Was one of them addressed to me but landed in your inbox by mistake?

5 Likes

They just announced DLR- 2 days after our trip

2 Likes

So, I finally actually read the email, and it specifically talks about D23 events. I hadn’t noticed that before. I wonder if he will send out emails specific to other groups in the next day or two?

4 Likes

That keeps happening to us in WDW. SO frustrating! I desperately want to attend one of those events!

Makes me think of this: I was prompted to a survey last week. It seem all related to the ease of using the site. A series of questions were the topic of what you came on the site to do, what were you able to accomplish and what were you not. I could have selected the “purchase tickets” option but I went with other and wrote I came to purchase an annual pass for WDW. Then it asked WHY I wasn’t able to accomplish this. My respose was this: Because Disney REFUSES to SELL me an annual pass.

7 Likes

We got the email, and we only have Disney Plus.

2 Likes

Apparently we get a sneak preview of a commercial?

A message from Bob Iger to D23 Members

D23 - The Official Disney Fan Club700x317
1x65
Dear D23 Members –

A century after Walt and Roy Disney first opened for business in 1923, their remarkable legacy lives on in ways they never could have imagined.

Later tonight, we’ll premiere a very special commercial during the Super Bowl honoring 100 years of unrivaled storytelling and innovation, and I wanted to personally share it with all of you first.
1x65
Watch Video508x286
1x65
For 100 years, Disney has provided joy and wonder for the whole world to enjoy. We’re honored to have created the moments that make your heart sing, your mind soar, your eyes teary, your stomach drop, and your imagination come alive, as you’ve embarked on so many incredible journeys with our stories and characters throughout your lives. You in particular, our most loyal and ardent fans, truly understand what it is to experience the magic of Disney.

Over the coming year, our Disney100 celebrations will give us the chance to say thank you to generations of fans, and to honor the brilliant storytellers whose talents and imagination created the exceptional achievements that make Disney such an enduring part of the global culture. We’ll have numerous opportunities for fans and families of all ages to relive their most beloved Disney memories and to delight in new content and experiences.

Walt once said, “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” That’s how I feel about this great company he started a century ago. We have a lot more magic to create, and I can’t wait to share it with the world.

So, as we commemorate our historic anniversary, I want to thank you for helping us carry forth the legacy that Walt inspired all those years ago. I hope you like this wonderful video, and we look forward to sharing more exciting Disney100 updates with you soon.

With gratitude,
Bob Iger

5 Likes

I loved this! Both the email and the video.

1 Like