Boardwalk view noise

Right now, I have 5 nights booked at Boardwalk (1 bedroom standard) in September. Then, 1 night booked at SSR (deluxe standard room).

Tomorrow is the 7 month mark for that final night, and I’m hoping to switch us to Boardwalk deluxe room so that it is just a room change, and not a full-on resort change. Right now, there is still availability at a Boardwalk View and a Garden/Pool view. We don’t REALLY care about the view, but standard view rooms are all gone…not surprisingly.

Anyhow, I’m wondering about the Boardwalk view. It is the same number of points as the Garden View. We stayed in a Garden View 1-bedroom. It was nothing special. (Not sure why it is more points than a standard view, frankly.) But, what if I get a Boardwalk view? It would be pretty to see out over the lake…but I’m worried about noise. I’ve heard people say it can be noisy. But how noisy? Is it something that my little sound machine will drown out?

2 Likes

I have a couple of thoughts:

1. it depends on how high up you are as to the noise level
  2. what is your tolerance for noise - are you someone who can’t sleep at all if there is noise? Do you notice noise at the value hotels in a way that annoys you or keeps you up?
  3. I love Boardwalk view and I am someone who doesn’t splurge for views. Its special and spectacular. We also liked that we could see the boat pull into the Boardwalk dock and then exit out the end of the resort and go over to catch it when it pulled into Swan/Dolphin on its way to HS.

I was on the lobby level for my Boardwalk view and had no problems with noise - but we are NOT a noise sensitive family (for general ambiance noise). That is the lowest level you can get and have a Boardwalk view. We were right over Big River Grill, or actually the DVC preview center to be exact. I have head that this level over Jellyrolls can be loud at night. So if you go Boardwalk view (I recommend it!) you should defiantly put in a request to be a higher level and/or not near Jeillyrolls.

2 Likes

Okay. This is good advice, thanks!

As far as noise…I am somewhat noise sensitive. So, I sleep with white noise. That helps a lot.

2 Likes

I have done Boardwalk views in the past. I usually book garden/pool view but I look at the Boardwalk view as a special treat, every once in a while.

We sleep with a noise machine going so I don’t know if there is a lot of noise. The noise has never interfered with my Zoom calls.

2 Likes

I think Jellyrolls is really the only late night issue. I suspect those with kids who go to bed early, might have more of an issue with general boardwalk noise. As long as you aren’t right on top of Jellyrolls I think you will be fine with your noise machine!

2 Likes

I only stayed there in a king bed room. When I saw that my room was directly above the lobby, I thought it might be bad sound wise. Really didn’t notice it. But I’m also not very sensitive to sounds, unless it’s sirens or minitor tones

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s input. This morning, I was able to switch our single night SSR over to the Boardwalk. I ended up going with the Boardwalk view. Figure for one night, if we end up finding it is too noisy, we’ll just know for the future. It isn’t like I’m committing to an entire week there.

So, we now have 5 nights at Boardwalk in a 1-bedroom (standard view), and then the final night in the Boardwalk view studio. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Glad they had availability at BW!

1 Like

I’ve had the Inn side Boardwalk room (but it was also the extended club level one that sleeps 6 as we were six people and the kids were the ones on the couch by the balcony door). I don’t recall the boardwalk noise disturbing me at all when the balcony door was closed. Now as for sitting on the balcony, it didn’t bother me either LOL. It’s probably better than the pool noise tbh. (I’ve had that room too on the dcv side and it didn’t bother me with the door closed but I do recall pool noise like kids yelling sitting on the balcony)

2 Likes