Boardwalk Inn room refurbishments?

Hi all,
Does anyone know what room categories have had the refurb done already? Want to book in that category if we can. TIA!

I’m not sure that any of the rooms have been started at BWI. I read an article yesterday that speculated that some of the DVC villas there may start being refurbished this spring, but I don’t how good the source was on that article.

Tagging some DVC owners in case they’ve seen anything. @Jeff_AZ @OBNurseNH @ryan1 @PrincipalTinker

1 Like

Haven’t heard

1 Like

Yeah. Things are kind of rumor mill stage. We know that a refurb is going to happen, but the timing hasn’t been announced.

There is “evidence” that Villas will start in September, due to sudden disappearance of availability. And the thought is that the BWI will also start perhaps around the same time (maybe after they are done with the lobby, etc), but again…just conjecture until Disney formally announces refurbs.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. We are booked in April and the reviews I have read here and elsewhere make me question if we should move. We really want to stay in that area and Boardwalk is the only resort with rooms available at the new discount…

I was going through the same debate with myself yesterday. We are currently booked at Yacht Club, but I couldn’t get the discount to go through there. I’ve considered switching to BW, but my guess is that since they are offering the discount there, that means it’s more likely the rooms won’t be refurbished.

1 Like

I had the same issue before my trip, I did end up switching last minute to Beach Club— which we all loved! For what it’s worth!

I honestly don’t think BC is that much better off than BW. They are both hurting for refurb at this time

And I think I preferred my stay at BW over my stay at BC because the location was just a little bit more central to the two parks in proximity.

2 Likes

Swan, Dolphin, and Swan Reserve are other options in the area that also get the Disney Deluxe privileges (not that there are many currently), but may be more affordable.

Though at least BC is officially starting refurbs-
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/bcv-refurb-starting-jan-7th/

2 Likes

Yes, I’m glad there will be a refurb!

We just loved the pool and restaurants there. Was really good for our little kids. The staff was just so nice too. Boardwalk is on my list to try after it gets all done!

2 Likes

I’m really excited for this refurb since I’ll be staying there! Although we really liked the 2BR we stayed in for our trip in May 2021 - I wouldn’t have thought it needed a refurb. I didn’t like the look of the studios as much based on videos I’ve see, so I can see why @OBNurseNH would say that.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how long refurbs take? I finally convinced my family to try boardwalk, they love our home resort too much. I want them to stay when its refurbed. Wondering if it starts in September, will it be done by January?

1 Like

As far as I know the BWI rooms refurb is almost underway.

I had a discussion elsewhere about BWV, since the availability charts suggested they would only be starting in the Fall and he suggested they would be starting much earlier. The Inn rooms are due to be completed by May or June I believe.

Even if the villas don’t start until the Fall, you’d probably be OK by January 2024.

1 Like

Boardwalk Villas studios have weird availability (or lack of) from September 9- December 9 (some random dates available around Thanksgiving). Although this is garden/pool view, there are some Boardwalk view studios available the week of 12/10.

I think this room availability (no pool/garden views available for months) seem to signal the refurb. It looks like January might be better!

1 Like