Boardwalk Hotel vs Boardwalk Villa

Looking at Aug 2024 stay. Comparing Resort View (hotel side) with DVC studio. Price is similar, hotel side $20/night more.

I can’t find too much different as both room types appear to be recently renovated.

Anyone have any strong opinions?

1 Like

I will admit that I am a BWV owner, so I may be bias. I prefer the villas. I had stayed in the BW inn side before I bought but my room did not have a balcony. I love balconies! I also love the kitchenette, with a microwave and toaster in the studio villa. I also love the pull down single bed for flexibility in the room. Oh! Plus the villas have a community hall and a short walk to HS!

5 Likes

I am almost positive there is construction work going on in the BW Tower, so that means the Hotel will have construction during the day.
I have stayed in both…biggest differences are BWV studio has a micro vs Inn does not. BWV studio has free laundry vs the Inn does not.
The inn feels more like a hotel with lovely furnishings vs the BWV side which to me is more home/condo style. I am happy to stay at either so good luck

1 Like

What part of the report are you referring to when you say the BW tower?

2 Likes

I’m probably late weighing in on this but I have a hard time doing cash at a deluxe resort when you can rent DVC points for a significant discount. (And once I did that a couple of times I was ready to buy! :joy:)

So when you say the cash price is similar, if you could find a DVC rental you could get it even cheaper, assuming there is availability (which there probably wasn’t two months before your trip anyway …)

Thanks Jeff. Too late, never! I ended up renting points back in early June. I’ve never put in a request for a specific date w/ some of the websites/companies, I’ve always (2 times) just found a confirmed reservation that suited our needs.

That said, the cancellation policy given possible weather in late August was one of my main reasons for even considering hotel side vs. DVC side.

Happy with where we ended up!

3 Likes

This Is The Way GIF by Priya

1 Like

Exact wording from DVC website:
From July through August 2024, the exterior of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn tower will undergo maintenance work. Guests may see and hear work during daytime hours.

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas is being refurbished, with new offerings, plus updates coming to our Guest rooms, lobby and more. Please note that while most hotel amenities will remain available, you may be able to see and hear construction during daytime hours. Additionally, please allow for additional travel time.

1 Like

I believe the only construction still going on is around the cake shop area.

I would love to know what the “tower” refers to? I can’t figure that out.

1 Like

My assumption is it’s a misnomer and likely refers to the Cake Shop, since that adjoins the main Inn building.

1 Like

Thanks! That is weird. I suspect you are right. When you look online you do see all the Boardwalk dining included in the resort dining. Funny, when I look at my reservations in MDE it just shows this

I have not read any reports in the last couple of weeks that they have begun new construction projects so the warning must be about the cake shop.

1 Like

If there are more than 2 and you’re comparing the standard inn room to the studio I’d choose the inn room personally. It feels bigger to me and you all get real beds and I prefer the vibe. But if you’re 2 people the studio will be plenty of room and give you things like that microwave but if they’ve updated the fridge to the beverage cooler which isn’t cool enough to store food safely what good is the microwave unless you’re just using it for like oatmeal? Now if you can get a suite obviously villa although I did love the garden suite on the inn side.

And yea check all the sites for last minute point rentals. Always do this! I check David’s, DVc rental store and dvcshop.

1 Like

The studios now have the Murphy beds (replace couch beds), do you consider them not real beds?

The Villa studios are 412 sq.ft vs. 380 sq ft for the inn. They might feel bigger to you (I have a friend that swears the old All Star resort rooms felt bigger than the refurbed rooms ).

2 Likes

Oh those are better than when we last stayed there with the couch bed but they aren’t as thick of mattresses as the standard beds. Which one is bigger? It says studio on both. I think the inn room felt bigger because of the layout possibly. To be fair I’ve only had the standard inn room once. The other time we had the garden suite and the other time the room that sleeps six with the extra seating area. We’ve always had a balcony or porch on both sides. We’ve done the studio twice once with pool view and once with parking lot view. On the inn side we’ve had boardwalk or garden/pool view of the small pool.

I have done neither since the refurb so my preference is based on the pre-refurb looks of both sides.

2 Likes

Fixed the typo! The studios are physically bigger but if that space goes to the kitchenette and bathroom it wouldn’t feel like it!

1 Like

To follow up on your post, I cannot log onto my DVC account because I am at a conference on public WiFi , but I looked up BW on the Disney site.

There isn’t a reference to a tower, and the rooms and lobby are complete (among other completed renovations).

1 Like