Blue Bayou Reservation- Christmas week

And in case I was sounding negative, your take away should be that it can pop up after the 60 day mark! Good luck!

1 Like

Definitely sure!! I got that info from this website

And I can confirm as I have been setting my alarm for 2:58 for the last 2 days and I have seen them be available right at 3am, and all times GONE by 3:05. So you really cannot be late, and try the trick I posted above of selecting the day and confirming your party number before 3 with your finger hovering over the time (NOT “breakfast”, “lunch”, “dinner”, the actual TIME) that you want and ready to push it the instant your cell phone clicks from 2:59 over to 3:00. Good luck!

Wow. I guess it was glitching on me :flushed:

And I guess I’m lucky I got anything!

2 Likes

I did confirm the 3am reservations this morning and was able to get our group of 5 at the lamplight lounge for dinner that we wanted for the coordinating 60th day. Tomorrow we will try again for Blue Bayou as we will be back at Disney the next day. Thanks again for the tip!

1 Like

So glad I could help! If there were any that you missed for your first few days you could try a service like mousedining or mousewatcher that will alert you (for a fee) if someone cancels or more availability drops. Good luck with BB! I saw lots of availability this morning :crossed_fingers: It was my last 3am morning so I’m grateful to be done lol

1 Like

I subscribed to Mouse Dining and it was the first clue that DL dropped the ADRs at 3am Pacific (5am Central where I am) because my phone would “expode” with texts for the various restaurant alerts I set up on Mouse Dining at 5:02am my time.

Going forward I set my alarm at 4:58am and was able to get all of my reservations including Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle and Oga’s.

3 Likes

As someone who has always loved (and leveraged) DL’s lack of a need of pre-planning for eating to just go with the flow, even for sit down, I am so bummed dining for DL is moving in this direction. BUT one thing I noticed in our June trip (when we did want a nice sit down one specific day of our trip) they do seem to reserve a good chunk of the tables for day-of availability and it just comes down to you being near the restaurant at the right time and requesting walk-up availability in the app. We loved it (but it’s not every restaurant and definitely not Blue Bayou that would be included). As long as I can still walk-up to Carnation Cafe most days and wait the 30-40 min. for a table while perusing/soaking in atmosphere on Main St, I’m still ok.

3 Likes

Well we did it! Up at 2:58am and got BB and Ogas for 5! So excited!! Thanks again everyone.

7 Likes