BLT lakeview rooms too noisy?

Hi Everyone, thank you so much for all the great info on the forum! Our first trip was in May and it was such a success thanks to you all that I am now planning our 3rd, 4th, and maybe 5th trips :rofl: For next spring I am looking at renting DVC points for a BLT 2bdrm villa and wanted a standard view but only lakeview is available. I have read that the electrical water pagent can be very noisy if you stay lakeview. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have 2 little ones and would prefer to keep them sleeping all night…Thanks!

2 Likes

No experience with BLT, but we stayed next door at the Contemporary in January in a room with a lake view. The EWP went by every night around 10 PM. They played the music for the show over the speakers at the pool. We were on the 11th floor overlooking the pool and if we were outside on the balcony it was loud. With the sliding door shut, you could hear it but it was muffled. My personal thought was it wasn’t loud enough to wake a sleeping child but it was loud enough to be a distraction from trying to go to sleep. Probably depends on how close your room is to the speakers. It last about eight minutes.

1 Like

I have stayed lake view in both the Contemporary and BLT. We found the Contemporary to be very loud - both because of Chef Mickey and the Water Pageant. We stayed at BLT last month and were very happy to not have any noise bother us whatsoever!

1 Like

Eh I didn’t notice it at all, especially if the door is shut.

It’s been a couple of years since we stayed at BLT, but we were in a Lakeview room and I don’t remember hearing the ELP at all.

1 Like

I just looked it up - Our lake view room was room 8208 by the way - 12th floor and we had a view of the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom! Highly recommend!

2 Likes

BLT is our home resort and we have always had a lake view room and I have never felt like noise was an issue.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the help!!

1 Like

Will you be there for your trip end of October?

I just changed my room request for 8208. fingers crossed

No. We are doing the Wine and Dine race, but decided too late to register and it was sold out online so we had to go through a travel agent (some of them can secure race registration even when it’s sold out–I don’t really understand how). But it means booking a package with them so we couldn’t use our DVC points. Sorry that was a long answer.

2 Likes

A few pictures from the room

3 Likes

cool