Birthday Trip planning - the saga continues!

Getting closer to the trip!! A few changes have been made - shocking for me, I know!!

Here are how things stand now:

7/18 - Arrival and Epcot

Flight now gets in around 11am - not ideal, but it is what it is. (American changed the flight from LGA to later - getting in around the same time but non-stop, so I called and the woman was very nice and helped me change it to a connecting (through Charlotte on the way down and Miami on the way back) so I’m out of JFK. I figure if the arrival time is about the same, I’ll take JFK any day!

Staying at All Star Music (hey, I like the All Stars!) with a request for Broadway Section and Top Floor. Fax is set and ready to go.

FP+ I’ve booked (time listed is the starting time):
1:30 - Spaceship Earth
2:35 - Mission Space
3:35 - Soarin’

8:00 - Rose & Crown Illuminations Package

7/19 - MK

7:30 - 'Ohana breakfast with a friend

FP+ scheduled:
9:10 - Minnie and Mickey at Town Square Theater (get this done before I get hot and messy)
10:10 - Pirates
11:10 - Haunted Mansion

5:30 - Skipper Canteen

7/20 (the birthday itself) - AK

8:05 - Tusker House

11 - Up Close With Rhinos

FP+:
9:20 - Mickey and Minnie at Adventurers Outpost
1:45 - Kilimanjaro Safaris
4:45 - Flight of Passage

7/21 - Cruise Embarkation Day

7:40 - Cape May Cafe - this one is subject to cancellation depending on my pick-up time with the cruise bus

I’m excited!! :slight_smile:

(No, no specialized Magic Band unless a miracle happens in 17 days and they get their act together.)

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with the All Stars, except they do need a room refresh soon. We stayed Sports last year and visited both Movies and Music one day. DW loved Movies theming and with the remodel we chose Movies and the remodel has been put on hold and our room is most likely one that has not, oh well.

1 Like

I thought they had started again. At least that is what it seems like on DISboards…

Oh I’ll have to check fingers crossed.

1 Like

So it look like they finished buildings: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 4, they skipped 5 and they are working on 3 and 2. Now I am booked for a handicapped standard room which is buildings 2 and 3. Which is what I wanted close to a pool and quiet. I hope they finish in 25 days.

1 Like

Sounds like they would have to upgrade you to preferred if you booked a handicap room and Buildings 2 and 3 are still closed for work. That would be a good thing, right?

Pixie dust either way!

My luck would be they put us in building 5 which they skipped. When you look at how fast they turn and burn average buildings took less then 60 days so building 3 should be done in a week or so.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for you!! I know Pop and CSR had the problem of EVERYONE requesting refurbished rooms before and before they were down to the only buildings being worked on as the non-refurbished ones, there were always disappointed people. Hopefully it works in your favor!

1 Like

Ok, I am truly feeling narrowed down now to the point it will just be minor tweaks from here on out!

Flight and Resort remain the same.

After going to Music to check-in and drop bags (either in room or with luggage assistance), I am heading to

Magic Kingdom!!

FP+
1:20 - Mickey and Minnie
2:20 - Tinker Bell
Watch Parade (NOT a FP+ but I will just exit the theater and watch there)
3:55 - Pirates

ADR
5:35 - Plaza Restaurant (May change to a QS place using bump-and-run)

EVENT
10:00 - Villains After Hours!!!

7/19 - Epcot

ADRs
7:30 - ‘Ohana
4:55 - Le Cellier

FP+
9:30 - Spaceship Earth
10:30 - Disney Pals
11:40 - Mission Space

7/20 - Animal Kingdom
As above!