BigFire - how is their food?

Anyone here been to BigFire? There is one reason I want to go. Tableside S’mores!

So how is the rest of the food? Are the sides any good? I will be saving room for dessert… I am kind of wondering if I should just get 2 sides for $6 each as my meal. Like au gratin potatoes and mac and cheese. I’m trying not to spend too much on this meal if I can help it. And DH tends to pick pricier items on menus… We could also try splitting an entree or burger.

2 Likes

I am going to tag @brerbeer. I think he has said good things in the past?

1 Like

Bigfire is very good.

1 Like

I’ve never been to BigFire, but what I like to do when I go someplace for the dessert is to order it first. I’ve been known to even hold off on ordering other food until I’ve eaten the dessert so that I know how much room I have. Just an idea.

4 Likes

I love that idea! Maybe we could just order an appetizer and dessert. Order more after if we’re hungry :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apps: fresh bread, mussels, and Brussel sprouts are amazing.

2 Likes

I can’t resist fresh bread lol

1 Like

What @josephmatt said about the sprouts and mussels… Didn’t care much for the au grautin but its more about my tastes than anything else. The cheese was a bit to sharp for me. The beer braised scallops and steak were both top notch!

2 Likes

We had Big Fire for dinner last night. Wow, it was amazing! The flavors of everything blew us away! We split the Bison Burger, smoked mac and cheese, smashed potatoes and of course the s’mores for dessert. If they were open during the week, I probably would have made a second reservation for later in our trip. Highly recommend!

2 Likes

Pre-COVID they were open daily 4pm-11pm, so hopefully they go back to nightly soon.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw several restaurants were not open Mon-Wed. With these crowds though, hopefully they’ll open more hours soon.

We are planning to go in February (fingers crossed) and our trip is Sunday through Thursday. I’m thinking we won’t be able to eat at our favorites in City Walk if the Mon-Wed closures continue or if they reinstate them after the holidays. May have to come up with an alternate plan.

1 Like

Just did a quick search and it appears all restaurants, except Bigfire, are open 7 days a week including Cowfish, Vivo, and Antojitos.

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear because Cowfish wasn’t open on a Monday in October when we wanted to eat there. Glad they have opened back up to 7 days/week.

If you want Big Fire, book it for Sunday. It would make for a lovely first evening.

1 Like

I just checked the reservation website for Cowfish and it says closed on Mon-Wed in Feb still.

You’ve inspired me to add Big Fire to our next trip. That looks/sounds interesting.

Our previous trips we stayed off-site. I never saw the point of eating in CityWalk since we were walking to our car anyway, and therefore had access to the great-wide world. But this time we’ll be spending some days in the Premier hotels.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll love it! It is one of the highlights from our trip for sure!

We were excited to go. The atmosphere was nice and so was the staff. The food was just ok in our opinion.

1 Like

That’s a shame! Maybe it was just an off night. We will definitely go again the next time we are at Universal.

1 Like