Big problem with David's Vacation & Owner

This is exactly what I thought. Not anymore!

Yes, and I do. I have researched timeshares and find nothing in them for me. If you have to get a lawyer to understand your rights I can’t see the advantage in it. Pay up front, Pay upkeep fees, book 11 months in advance and hope you get the time and days you wish. Some think this is OK but for us I look for WDW special and get what and when I want and have up to 5 days before to cancel. DVC is one big headache as far as we are concerned but if you like it have at it and assume the risks such as you are feeling now.

3 Likes

Allright. Days later I still feel indignant on behalf of the original poster. If there was a reason he or she couldn’t get concessions from Disney then I think not being able to assist would have some justification. But being too busy or too whatever to even try is just vile. When you enter into a business agreement I think there’s a duty to proceed ethically. I think " I don’t care" falls short.

And that’s my rant this morning. I have to see if it’s actually cathartic.

4 Likes

What’s your use year on that 100 points?

I wanted to give David’s the benefit of the doubt, but after 7 days of one email a day responses I’m getting really upset. I have been trying to get a refund for my rented points or reschedule, but the slow response from David’s is making that impossible. There was no response from them over the weekend and even if I reply within minutes of receiving an email I don’t get the answers to my questions until the next day. I can’t get through on the phone at all, not even an option to sit on hold and they have not even attempted to call me. As the days go by I just watch the DVC availability disappear. At this point I will be waiting to see if they can rebook the points I paid for with another renter in order to get any of our money back.

I just came here to say, the fact that this person is going on a cruise speaks volumes. Sorry you are dealing with this. I have looked into davids in the past but I have heard other stories with bad outcomes. Hope you get some resolution

1 Like

I too am in the same situation. I am trying to switch a stay at The Grand Californian that I booked thru David’s. I am hoping they are doing what they can. For what its worth this is what they put on their site.

We understand the severe impact that the COVID-19 virus is having.

Here is what we hope to accomplish over the next few days (maybe weeks).

If you are a guest, please wait for us to contact you. We will work with your owner to verify point status and then contact you with available options. This could be a rebooked reservation, points for a future reservation, or possibly a refund dependent on the owner’s current financial status. We may, in some circumstances, be able to re-rent points to allow for a refund situation. Each case will have its own set of variables. We promise to do everything we can to ease this unprecedented situation.

If you are an owner, please wait for us to contact you. We ask that you put your contract with the guest aside and work from your heart. Let your conscience be your guide. Depending on the status of your points, we will ask you to rebook the reservation, offer the points for a future reservation, offer a refund of the monies sent to you if you are financially able to, and let us re-rent your points. We do not intend to leave any owner “holding the bag.”

Our commitment to you is as follows;

We will be in contact with each and every owner
&
We will be in contact with each and every guest

3 Likes

This is great for David’s. I really think they are trying to do the right thing.

Just one thing to be aware of is that if you are a renter, you will be the one holding the bag if you don’t have “cancel for any reason” insurance and your owner is at the end of their use year and can’t re-rent to someone else. So be wary if you are renting or re-renting.

2 Likes

I am also an owner. I am aware that they are at risk as well. I am hoping for a solution that will be good for both parties not expecting it. I did not get the cancel for any reason insurance.

2 Likes

If this is inappropriate or too off-topic, moderators feel free to banish me.

If you have canceled a reservation and are looking to find a renter this year, I am planning a trip for december and still haven’t locked down a resort. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it, but I am looking for 2 studios in the Epcot area (or possibly one 2 BR if the cost worked out right). I know the studios are hard to come by and probably aren’t available, but if you have points you’re trying to rent I might be a renter for you.

4 Likes

I’ve just seen an anecdotal report of banked points that are expiring end of march not being accommodated - they are just going to lose them. Seems DVC might have been trying to work around it but might depend on who they got on the line. There are rules on what they can do with “timeshares” that are out of their control. Hopefully the find a way to compensate everyone.

1 Like

online%20bookkeeping

3 Likes

This is exactly what we’re dealing with as well. I know they’re overwhelmed but we are trying to reschedule for late July or August. I sent three options to reschedule with flexibility on dates and am still waiting after two days. I am hopeful that they’re just trying to work things out and will reply with options to reschedule that are within our time frame. David’s vacation must be totally overwhelmed trying to contact owners and find viable options for everyone. A refund request might be the best option at this point!

I read last night that MouseOwners is dropping David’s as a sponsor as of April 1st.

1 Like

That’s a shame, really.

I really believe that everyone, everywhere, in all industries and areas, are trying to make the very best decisions they can to cause the least disruption possible.

8 Likes

The post was that David’s is not reimbursing their part of refunds and since they self insured, they are not fulfilling those contracts? I think that is what they said? It is on the refunds thread (last page right now- maybe 11?) on MouseOwners.

I would like to think that they haven’t gotten to doing so yet, because they’re overwhelmed. That’s not based on anything. I just want to hope that’s why.

I don’t understand.

My understanding of the post from MouseOwners: David’s is asking owners to reimburse renters. David’s is not reimbursing their fee. Renters that bought insurance are not being reimbursed because David’s insurance was completely through David’s?

1 Like

Wow, this is not good. If this is the case this may be the end of David’s. I have rented thru them over a dozen times. I am most likely going to lose everything I paid for my Disneyland trip and I have been trying to contact them but have not gotten a single response. I will never rent thru them again.

2 Likes